Empty pannel van floor insulation 25, or 50, or 100mm thick 8x4 boards.

1 cup

New Vans here
what insulation for van to go Norway and see the northen lights in ?
Thinking 50 mm or 100 mm on floor? what is a good ecothem for sprinter lwb?
Only found sold in batches of 12 or more at a time .2400 x 1200 x 25mm Celotex TB4025 / Kingspan TP10 / TF70 / Ecotherm Ecoversal Foil Insulation **MINIMUM ORDER 17 SHEETS FOR DELIVERY** PRICE IS PER SHEET**
or 2400 x 1200 x 50mm Celotex GA4050 / Kingspan TP10 / TF70 / Ecotherm Ecoversal Foil Insulation **MINIMUM ORDER 12 SHEETS FOR DELIVERY** PRICE IS PER SHEET**

will this squeak to much? Under lino and sprinter floor boards.

this is a on going project so I'd like you all involved with tips and products needed
and a place to add photo from a tablet.

You can buy that in single sheets in most builders merchants if you can collect it. Encon in avonmouth was the cheapest I could find a while ago.

I would go for 50mm thick with 12mm marine ply on top of it.

There are lots of different makes of closed cell foil faced sheets available, Cellotex is simply/arguably the best known. As for buying it, personally these days for small quantities I go to Travis Perkins.

My self built van has the walls and ceiling closed cell spray foam lined as it is proven to be the most efficient insulation that money can buy, it also overcomes any and all cold gap bridging etc.
As for the floor, because I was running both cables and gas pipes under it, I decided to go for 25mm closed cell foil faced sheeting laid between 25 x 50 roofing laths that were at 400mm spacing running lengthwise with one cross channel that the wires and gas pipes run through, on top of this is a 12mm marine ply floor on top of which is some heavy duty flooring. Not suitable for the Artic but we have been down to below -10c up in the alps and have still been toasty warm inside........................ mind you it took a darned long time to defrost the 5mm thick ice that was on the inside of the windscreen despite there being both internal and external thermal covers!

Phil

Last edited:
A layer of bubble foil will do very well with no squeaks, have it under wood floors at home,if putting marine ply down it may help to fiberglass both sides to keep any water spilt or damp setting in,there is also a new plastic fiber board or you can use brown bonded trailer board sold by most trailer builders in 6/4 sheets.
I used it on my step but now wish i had used it on all the floor.

vs2.jpgvs16.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back