EU Entry and Exit System

Looks like things are on the move for the new EES...

..which is more than we'll be dong when it comes in!

It's what this country voted for! We are now no longer a member of the club, so third country rules apply! It won't stop us and we also don't have any sour grapes to chew on.

Edit: Not even sure that is true. What are they going to get fingerprints checked against? Mine are not on file.

Looks like things are on the move for the new EES...

..which is more than we'll be dong when it comes in!

This was reported earlier this Summer when the Ferry queues at Dover peaked. EU responded to the 'won't reduce queues' comments with 'That is not it's purpose'

Steve

It's what this country voted for! We are now no longer a member of the club, so third country rules apply! It won't stop us and we also don't have any sour grapes to chew on.

Edit: Not even sure that is true. What are they going to get fingerprints checked against? Mine are not on file.
They will be when you get your ETIAS registration. EU Web pages for ETIAS and EES has lots of information

Steve

Reactions: GMJ
they keep moving it forward in our experience the train is a lot better than the ferry after using the ferry since our first trip abroad camping in 1971 but it was the covid why we started to go by train it was the idiot Juncker that wanted this
the thing we like is
only 35min's
stay in m/h
you only get checked one-way just boarding the train

they keep moving it forward in our experience the train is a lot better than the ferry after using the ferry since our first trip abroad camping in 1971 but it was the covid why we started to go by train it was the idiot Juncker that wanted this
the thing we like is
only 35min's
stay in m/h
you only get checked one-way just boarding the train
What is a Juncker?????

he was the president of the EU JEAN CLAUDE JUNKER he was the guy that Nigel Farage was always on his case .cheyenne

what makes me mad is for years France has just let anyone just walk straight thorough their country with out a challenge we have seen this for years making their way up north ( Calais ) as far as the Italian boarder & we who spend shed loads of money in the Schengen area have to be treated like criminals rant over .cheyenne

Mine are :D :D

what makes me mad is for years France has just let anyone just walk straight thorough their country with out a challenge we have seen this for years making their way up north ( Calais ) as far as the Italian boarder & we who spend shed loads of money in the Schengen area have to be treated like criminals rant over .cheyenne
Not true. UK was offered a matching deal vis-a-vis the EU citizens rights but UK Government declined the offer to be shown to be tough on immigration. Other than perhaps the former East Germany and North Korea, which other country boasts of having limited Freedom of Movement for it's citizens?

We are not treated like criminals, we applied to be treated like all other Third Countries in this aspect of dealing with the EU

Steve

Not true. UK was offered a matching deal vis-a-vis the EU citizens rights but UK Government declined the offer to be shown to be tough on immigration. Other than perhaps the former East Germany and North Korea, which other country boasts of having limited Freedom of Movement for it's citizens?

We are not treated like criminals, we applied to be treated like all other Third Countries in this aspect of dealing with the EU

Steve
what ever having your finger prints taken for the first time in my life at 74 agree to disagree .cheyenne

Last edited:
They are not singling out the UK, it will apply to all Third Countries. As it's their game and their rules anyone has a simple choice to make as to whether they visit or not.

Stev
this is tit for tat https://www.euronews.com/travel/202...r-permission-to-travel-before-entering-the-uk

They are not singling out the UK, it will apply to all Third Countries. As it's their game and their rules anyone has a simple choice to make as to whether they visit or not.
i knew that years ago .cheyenne

reading some of your past replies to threads it looks like i AM being ganged up on again sticking up for one another bit childish .cheyenne

Paranoia?

As has been mentioned numerous times before across this and other forums, the essence of a healthy forum is a free exchange of views. You cannot expect all that you say to go unchallenged or uncommented upon especially if your facts are incorrect or if you challenge other's beliefs.

Paranoia?

As has been mentioned numerous times before across this and other forums, the essence of a healthy forum is a free exchange of views. You cannot expect all that you say to go unchallenged or uncommented upon especially if your facts are incorrect or if you challenge other's beliefs.
the only people i know who have their fingerprints taken ARE criminals so i my eye's yes we will be treated like criminals .which IS true .cheyenne

Paranoia?

so which of my facts are NOT true . cheyenne

the only people i know who have their fingerprints taken ARE criminals so i my eye's yes we will be treated like criminals .which IS true .cheyenne

As I said you and any other folks have the option of not going across if it doesn't suit.

As I said you and any other folks have the option of not going across if it doesn't suit.
they will be nothing stopping us touring in Europe what ever as we only tour their having lived in in France for 6 years & own a property there since 1989 sold in 2008 which had more red tape living there than you can shake a stick at now more red tape & looking forward to our regular 3 month winter stay 29th dec .cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back