Exhaust tail pipe

sydnsue

While on holiday, the exhaust extension fell off my Peugeot Boxer. Has anyone found a supplier for this? It is about 65mm diameter and 300 to 400mm long. I tried straightening the existing pipe but after being run over and crushed by another car, it is surprisingly unbendable.

Lucky here as a mile from me a chap has all the tools to make any exhaust, bend it stretch it any way you like it. 😂

The approach I took to that situation on my LT Van was to buy a piece of flexible corrugated 70mm exhaust pipe from a local motor factors plus a U-Clamp to suit, then cut to the required length. Worked fine.
My Ducato needed a length of pipe similar to your missing bit by the sound of it and I just cut some of the remaining pipe to length, bought another clamp and job done.
Didn't need any special tools for either time - just a spanner to suit the clamp and a way to cut the pipe (I used my Dremel. could just as easily used a junior hacksaw).
Fitted here -
1665263991017.png
If you want a piece plus clamp I can cut a length off if you tell me how long you want it. I should have 400mm left? Clamps are around a tenner (70mm clamps are not that cheap). Not sure how much the pipe is. Will be 1/4 the price of the original (2M length) so I think around £20 but need to check.
Postage for Royal Mail Small Parcel (ok for upto 400mm pipe) is £3.50.

Just an option for a DIY fix :)

Wow - some off the wall prices on-line.... £200 a metre here - https://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/galvanised-steel-flexible-exhaust-hose

I'm sure I have 63.4 od stainless tube at the back of the rack would that fit inside your exhaust pipe?

I'm sure I have 63.4 od stainless tube at the back of the rack would that fit inside your exhaust pipe?
The existing pipe would have to be modified to be able to clamp onto an internal pipe which would be difficult. I would rather not start cutting slots in the main exhaust system. Thanks anyway. It seems strange that this exhaust tip is unavailable as a standard item. There must be thousands of motorhomes with it.

The approach I took to that situation on my LT Van was to buy a piece of flexible corrugated 70mm exhaust pipe from a local motor factors plus a U-Clamp to suit, then cut to the required length. Worked fine.
My Ducato needed a length of pipe similar to your missing bit by the sound of it and I just cut some of the remaining pipe to length, bought another clamp and job done.
Didn't need any special tools for either time - just a spanner to suit the clamp and a way to cut the pipe (I used my Dremel. could just as easily used a junior hacksaw).
Fitted here -
View attachment 64623
If you want a piece plus clamp I can cut a length off if you tell me how long you want it. I should have 400mm left? Clamps are around a tenner (70mm clamps are not that cheap). Not sure how much the pipe is. Will be 1/4 the price of the original (2M length) so I think around £20 but need to check.
Postage for Royal Mail Small Parcel (ok for upto 400mm pipe) is £3.50.

Just an option for a DIY fix :)

Wow - some off the wall prices on-line.... £200 a metre here - https://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/galvanised-steel-flexible-exhaust-hose
If I can't find the proper exhaust tip, I will grab a length of flexi from a local company, but I was hoping to find the proper extension. Thanks for the offer. I can't believe nobody makes the proper item.

The existing pipe would have to be modified to be able to clamp onto an internal pipe which would be difficult. I would rather not start cutting slots in the main exhaust system. Thanks anyway. It seems strange that this exhaust tip is unavailable as a standard item. There must be thousands of motorhomes with it.
A lot of the pipework on an exhaust system is welded to the silencers rather then are extensions and to replace a broken/rusted length in the "approved" manner would involve replacing boxes as well.
It might be that what was a exhaust tip extension on your van was actually a repair piece in the first place and not a standard item at all?

Mine has what I would call a rolled (curled :) :) ) lip on it, I didn't have a look under the van as it's persisting down again.

A lot of the pipework on an exhaust system is welded to the silencers rather then are extensions and to replace a broken/rusted length in the "approved" manner would involve replacing boxes as well.
It might be that what was a exhaust tip extension on your van was actually a repair piece in the first place and not a standard item at all?
All coachbuilt vans appear to have this extension to reach past the bodywork. The standard Boxer exhaust is made for panel vans. Next time I am in a motorhome sales I shall see what later Van's have.

Is your tail pipe definitely 65mm od, I'll see if I can expand the 63.4 to fit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back