Fiat Ducato 2003 side light problems

Of course but who is going to stop you and check in daylight, newer vans of course have daylight lights too, but not an 03 van.

Obviously, they need to be working but if I was off on my jollies it'd the last thing I would worry about, fridge and water heater are first after the engine g/box n brakes.
True, but what about rain and fog? And, the last thing you want is Mr policeman giving you a vehicle rectification form to fix your lights and get them checked ( at your cost) at a local garage before you take the form back to the local police station
Sure, you probably won’t get stopped, but why take the chance? It’s got to be fixed at some point

I had a similar problem on my Chausson 54 plate Ducato lost all my side lights and marker lights on the off side did as you did and ran another live from the other side, it did not last long as the fuse was then overloaded and blew, I was in Spain at the time , I got under the van for a look see and found a black plastic box with all sorts of wires going in,one box each side of the van. on opening the box I found a very corroded printed circuit board , this was my problem, I cut all the wires from the connectors and rejoined them bypassing the circuit board , I just twisted like coloured wires together and insulated them with insulation tape putting them all back in the now empty black box which I also sealed with silicon, this was 6 years ago and no trouble since ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back