First time going France feeling really stressed

holmer

Hi everyone we are planning to head to France then down to Spain I'm feeling really stressed asking myself is it worth it. What does everyone use to stream UK TV thankyou

Why oh why are you stressed about UK TV??? even at its best it is still bilge. There will be much to much to see and enjoy to bother about the telly. There are some downloads for your mobile computer that will allow you to access tv should you run out of wine and cheese, but just in case, load up some memory sticks with your favourite films, back tv stuff and music, that's what we do, but on our occasional campsite stop we tend to use their wifi to catch up on uk stuff.
As to "is it worth it"
For goodness sake, it'll be the adventure of a lifetime for a virgin. Put into your satnag 'avoid motorways & tolls' and gently amble through some wonderful towns and villages with free aires often in great spots and remember that it's not the being there, it's the getting there that counts. Sue and I have often set off to go somewhere and never arrived, France and Spain are just too full of reasons to delay you, and the very best bit is the unknown------honestly

This!!!!!

Have fun, catch up on the tv when you're home :)
If you feel that you really have too, but honestly you will be too full of your trip to be bothered

We've just ambled through France and reached Spain. We tried the TV the first night away - and failed - so packed it away and have been too busy out and about to give it a thought since :) The internet brings the news and a good book or Kindle can go to the beach 🌞

Its dark from around 8.30 so take some DVD's some good books and try just talking in the evenings. We usually have our meal then wash up and take a walk into town/village centre, along river or beach getting back just before dark so lack of TV is really not an issue.
Enjoy, dont worry, be happy.
K ;)

I was in the same position myself about seven months ago. First time abroad in the MH, on my own. Getting myself into a right state. About six and a half months ago, I wondered what the fuss was all about. Empty roads, unless you’re filthy rich, ignore the autoroutes, set your sat nav to no tolls, except around Rouen, it’s a bit of a nightmare apparently, I wouldn’t know, I used the peage, a couple of euros. I only took the Spanish Portuguese book, and had no problem. In a three month trip, I think I paid less than €50 on sites.
Either take the Aires books, France x2, and the one Spain and Portugal Aires book, or use the Park4night app and you won’t go wrong. If you’re using the app and want to watch tv, make sure you’ve either got plenty of data on your phone or invest in something like the Huawei mifi unit. Again with a significant amount of data on a 3with legs SIM card. Remember you’ll need a British card to watch British tv.
I would recommend something I found online. “The long road south”, on the outandabout site. The writer gives you almost a turn for turn route card. I found it very handy. All I did was followed it until I got tired, then used P4N for somewhere to spend the night.
Apart from the weather, that’s another story in its self, I had a great time. Doing it all again in February next year.
Go and enjoy your self.

Re tv? I have/had a Avtex tv in the van. Going to all the trouble of rigging up the aerial, finding stations, watching my voltage drop, I thought, no, not for me. Took it out,left it at home. I now use a laptop or iPad . Catchup tv is all I use now. Make sure you have plenty of data. There’s some great deals out there if you want to use your phone. Be brave, dump the telly 😬

You won’t NEED tv, may want but get out and see stuff. No traffic to speak iof
You will enjoy and wonder why u stressed. Trust me!!!

Remember though, they nearly all speak foreign. Just nod a lot 😉

I remember sitting in a German bier hall, talking to a elderly local. His English was pretty good. He asked me where I was from, I told him London. “Ah!” He said, “I know it well, I flew over it most nights “🤬

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back