Fixed double or two singles ?

I have a small van with singles or made up double , the double is Pfaff to make up can't do bog runs without disturbing er in bed .both have to get up at the same to unmake the bed , not good if one wants a lay in .an island bed fantastic but you need a BIG van , more day living space in our we van than some fixed beds ,2 singles work best for us .

Still swithering for fixed island but as stated a fair bit of area becomes dormant ,seen a few singles that can pair up to double but very little head room to sit up with a cuppa
Am I to go down a self converted by a reputable workman as I’ve not the time to do it myself ,buy a new van and get done to my spec? Hate this fluffing about with decisions

Last edited:
Looking for advice ,have you got experience/advice regarding what you feel is the best ie,double island bed or two singles with infill to make a double
Not interested in french bed
All replies greatly appreciated in advance
Fixed singles every time + the option of a large double to boot

No one seems to have mentioned bunk beds. Beds always ready, don't take up much room, curtain across to hide everything. I converted an old ambulance to this arrangement and it worked great. Trouble is the commercial ones only seem to have small bunks for Kids. Ours were 1.9m by 0.8m. Next change was going to hinge the bottom bunk so we could carry bikes, but the van was getting old and we sold it before doing that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back