France/ Spain trip with possibly Portugal.

It wasn’t a break in. The orange seller, we now have worked out, dumped his oranges on the phone and when we said ‘no’ (they were too expensive) he walked off with the oranges and the phone! Very impressed with the police, they certainly wouldn’t have bothered at home!
I'd have told the orange seller to pith off ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Apparently he will be if he tries selling oranges there again
It’s not nice being a victim though
Very true; I posted recently of being mugged in Paris and of the follow up months later, helping UK Police with their enquiries into the opening of a fraudulent account where my stolen Licence had been used for ID ...

Steve

Martin had his phone and a credit card stolen yesterday in Vila Real do Santo Antonio at the aire - a few hours in the police station and with info from credit card company, the police had tracked him down. They brought the phone and credit card back to us that evening! The phone had been restored to factory settings and the sim gone. How does that happen when it’s password and finger print protected?!? We’d cancelled the credit card. Fortunately we have another one. Our wing mirror was crashed into a few weeks ago and I’ve had to go to the dentist, think we’ll be glad to get home!
Sorry to hear about your problems, but at least you have the phone back, even if contents and SIM are missing. There is probably a method devised by the manufacturer of restoring to factory settings precisely to prevent password (and fingerprint) protection making a phone totally unusable if password is forgotten.
Re the wing mirror, I had a similar issue halfway through a 2-month trip in France; I was able to order replacement parts from Amazon for delivery to a locker - a great solution for all sorts of things.

Not the britsh police then
Usually a pretty large motorhome community in Vila Real (used to be anyway)
Police , quite rightly, wouldn't want a bad reputation for the town .
Different priorities over here .
Actually I'm not sure what their priorities ARE here .

Sorry to hear about your problems, but at least you have the phone back, even if contents and SIM are missing. There is probably a method devised by the manufacturer of restoring to factory settings precisely to prevent password (and fingerprint) protection making a phone totally unusable if password is forgotten.
Re the wing mirror, I had a similar issue halfway through a 2-month trip in France; I was able to order replacement parts from Amazon for delivery to a locker - a great solution for all sorts of things.
Unfortunately our wing mirror is obsolete we have been quoted £1850 plus fitting but it won’t match the other one!

Unfortunately our wing mirror is obsolete we have been quoted £1850 plus fitting but it won’t match the other one!
Try these people, we have always found them really helpful.

Sue,

Pre Covid , there were 4 brilliant spares places, Oop Norf.
Leisure Spares at Boroughbridge.
O'leary's at Beverly
Leisure Supplies, Cheshire .
And a caravan breaker at Leigh, Lancs.
When you get back, you'll have something to keep you occupied, while Mart cleans the van .
Safe, boring travels..
Xx

It wasn’t a break in. The orange seller, we now have worked out, dumped his oranges on the phone and when we said ‘no’ (they were too expensive) he walked off with the oranges and the phone! Very impressed with the police, they certainly wouldn’t have bothered at home!
I'm posting this, not out of smugness, to pass on our experience:..
Our reply to Sue :

Just read your post..
Bugger !
How sad.
They are skilled predators, the pro. Villains.
The work close to borders, knowing that most MHs will have driven long and hard to get there. Many of the occupants will be tired and off their guard. Many will be newbies.. Easy pickings.
Like predator seabirds, they love to attack a shoal of fish, as they're almost guaranteed to score a hit.
I thought I would check with you, before posting a smug, (ish), response
Hope you have better luck, from now on.

Turned and headed for home just before lunch today left the gathering in Pomarao & headed north yesterday’s temp 29 today we have 20 will get me acclimatised I suppose lol, we have come up to an old favourite at barragem de povoa Nisa still wonderful but not been since covid and they have invested a lot installing electric fencing gates and a barrier only €4 but have to book via an app which is in Portuguese still able to park down by the water and walk in to do services but would sooner pay my way B7F89CF9-7A0F-41F5-8B74-9CF0FBA1EDA6.jpegFACCEDA8-ADF5-4B67-B4F0-537A9FB24A97.jpeg6791D698-E9D4-4482-9DE5-D84AFBAD1438.jpeg98B28934-09E1-46DE-891E-6DF7F1A912D1.jpeg

I’m now parked on top of the cliffs above Bilbao bit of a surfer spot but lovely , had a great couple of results CV in palencia both dogs (setters) tablets given passports stamped signed & dated €14 the pair cheapest previously for one was €12 in Holland €64 very happy then went to fill up beroil €1:379 ltr only downside the local mercadona didn’t have any gov’nor rectified that in Burgos another 14 into stock AB885828-4172-4ED6-AC3F-F9257A3B25B5.jpegAD372E99-CB9E-4E20-90AB-F7201687D2AB.jpegFE1CEA84-A84B-4EC2-A6A1-A166CFE9E374.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back