Friendly Forum

2cv

Having just visited a canal boat forum that I’ve been a member of for many years it has occurred to me that our forum here really does have a friendly feel. So many posters there merely seem out to prove how clever they are by belittling newcomers and most threads end up more as arguements than discussions.
Here I think that newcomers are made to feel very welcome, with no sneering from the more experienced. I think there is a strong sense of community with contributors keen to help their fellow vanners, and there’s certainly no van snobbery.
I only frequent here and WC, so don’t know if it’s just that motorhomers are more friendly in general than boaters or if other motorhoming forums are a bit unfriendly at times like the canal boat one.
There are spats here occasionally of course, but in general I think that here we have a nice place to visit.

I agree! It is really unusual to get downright nasty or condescending comments on here and I have always noticed that people are keen to help. Think the moderation is right too, firm without being heavyhanded.

Does this mean no more references to my dilemma, sorry, OUR dilemma, at the Green Frog meet, when you got me stuck in the mud??

I think that some community minded members have put crosses there in the past in order to prevent a recurrence should another member mistakenly venture onto that area of grass in a heavy motorhome. 😉

Does this mean no more references to my dilemma, sorry, OUR dilemma, at the Green Frog meet, when you got me stuck in the mud??
I’m gonna put an end to it once and for all shorty !
please come early to the frgn frog meet so I can bury you on the said spot ! Now I’ve told you already I’m a busy guy ,go and service a jap jeep or something to occupy yer mind
obviously b has bumped you oot the the man cave ( sorry boy cave in your situation)

I was late due to having a real job, not a tonka toy truck driver and, I'll have you know, we braved wind and snow that evening, making it over the Devils Beef Tub, which was treacherous :eek: then to find the meet're and 365 five day Christmas cards, aye greeting, warming his wee buns in the Frog, supping Spitfire beers.

And keep my Jap Jeep oot o this, same for man cave, or in my case, pup cave, coz I still is :giggle:
Psn masell

Proof in the dare I say it ground at the frog ,acres to saunter round in but push n pull tell got it wrong
We we’re reliably informed he seeks attention wherever he goes ,it is a shame we beleive he has another problem maybe I shouldn’t say this of such a cherished nae valued member but we think he has - wee man syndrome it’s a damn shame but we’ve all got a cross to bare ,he has two one in the green frog and the other he carries but b does humour him
poor lassie she even breaks into french she gets that up tight with him .she is an angel suffering him

Last edited:
Terry - you had only yourself tae blame - if you didnt try and take the shortcut tae save 2p worth of fuel !!
You could have went round the roundabout like any normal person and should have been fine.

It really is a pitiful shame tae see how the memory goes in some folk !!
It wis me that went and alerted them tae come and dig you out o' that big hole you were so keen tae dig 😂

And the last thing you will catch me drinking is ony kinda beer !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back