Gas-It/Gaslow fitter

moonshadow

Rally Organiser

Anyone know of one they can recommend down here in the South, please? Last van we got fitted out at one of the Warners Shows, as they are day shows currently not sure there will be fitters there.

About three years ago I posted about my refillable gas system over on Wild Camping, Sue. It was supplied and fitted by Getgas in Bristol.
I hope this link works and is of interest:

You also have my number!
My system paid for itself some time ago and, of course, is indispensable when I'm out and about on the European mainland.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I would suggest looking at Solar Solutions. They are in Sturminster Marshall. I was there egis week and they were fitting an underslung gas tank for a customer. Wesley is really helpful

Not hard to do ones self.

It isn't, Trev, but my insurance company wanted to see proof that my system had been fitted and tested by a professional fitter and Getgas supplied documentation that satisfied my insurers.
My view is that insurance is a Moho-critical requirement and not something that I would put at risk.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Socially distanced of course 😤

About three years ago I posted about my refillable gas system over on Wild Camping, Sue. It was supplied and fitted by Getgas in Bristol.
I hope this link works and is of interest:

You also have my number!
My system paid for itself some time ago and, of course, is indispensable when I'm out and about on the European mainland.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Thanks. We did have the system on the previous van, but the fitter was based up North somewhere. Will look into your suggestion - possible detour on the way to Hereford in August

Going East from Hereford, I can recommend Peter Curry at North Cotswold Motorhome Services. He did an emergency regulator replacement and fitted lpg filters. He does get booked up.

Going East from Hereford, I can recommend Peter Curry at North Cotswold Motorhome Services. He did an emergency regulator replacement and fitted lpg filters. He does get booked up.

Thank you - the prices are looking pretty scary at the mo, one quote was north of £700!

the gas it system. does look like a good saving on the gas6463CE81-EA7C-4675-BCC2-9DCD94693427.pnglo but there is also the alugas & safefill systems to check out , found fitting it diy quite simple but do have a plumbing background

Gasit underslung kit from £229. 11kg refillable bottle kit £199.

Under four hours to fit, £250ish .

I was quoted £1300 for a similar job, although with a solar set up of HIS choice. Needless to say, I did the job myself, and suggested he invested in a new calculator.

Your new van is a coachbuilt isn't it? External gas locker? All you really need is a couple of bottles and a fill point. Everything else is already there. Panel vans are a bit more difficult. But only a bit.

Your new van is a coachbuilt isn't it? External gas locker? All you really need is a couple of bottles and a fill point. Everything else is already there. Panel vans are a bit more difficult. But only a bit.
Have a chat with you next week if that’s ok. But nervous about doing it ourselves 🤣

If you are heading North give Charlie a shout, he supplies and can fit. Usually undercuts everyone else on price as well 👍

Treat it as a wonderful weekend away in the Peak District.
I would have recommended Charlie if you weren’t happy fitting your own. Unless he’s moved on, the CS he’s on is just a fiver a night.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back