Gas tank

I am having to fit a new underslung gas tank as my old one is coming up 10 years old, and is very badly rusted. So i have bought a new one from Autogas 2000 but have to mount it diffrently so a new bracket had to be made up.The problem ive got is the old one is bolted through the floor and then 2in of insulation over plus then the ply floor so i can't get to them now - i will have to try and cut the brackets off from underneath. Bit of a pain but doable. This is the new tank and bracket

View attachment 64157
Where the original bolts are you could fit Rivnuts in the floor frm below and then screw into them.

Make sure to get the tank properly hard coated before you install it. That red paint coating lasts no time at all before the tank starts rusting.

Jeff, this would be great stuff for an added tank anti-corrosion protection. The image show the wrap being shrunk onto a welded pipe joint, which then disappears to the murky seabed. Lots are available with a quick google search.

1661252679140.png

Jeff, this would be great stuff for an added tank anti-corrosion protection. The image show the wrap being shrunk onto a welded pipe joint, which then disappears to the murky seabed. Lots are available with a quick google search.

View attachment 64235
Thanks Terry but i am just going coat it up with stone chip + alloy shield the one thats on has lasted till now so this new one will see me out i hope lololol

Thanks Terry but i am just going coat it up with stone chip + alloy shield the one thats on has lasted till now so this new one will see me out i hope lololol
Stone chip will protect the brackets as well 👍

Make sure to get the tank properly hard coated before you install it. That red paint coating lasts no time at all before the tank starts rusting.
Mine was coated before installing it’s now black.

Trev it wont be exposed to stone chips has it will be behind a large alloy shield.
Moisture creeps behind the single coat acrylic paint or powder, self healing 2 pack zink rich epoxy primmer is miles better, I dont understand why makers dont use this sys rather than a cheap job, I used to do gas holding tanks for calor i Belfast, the type which country folk have in the back garden, they had to last.

Moisture creeps behind the single coat acrylic paint or powder, self healing 2 pack zink rich epoxy primmer is miles better, I dont understand why makers dont use this sys rather than a cheap job, I used to do gas holding tanks for calor i Belfast, the type which country folk have in the back garden, they had to last.
Thanks for that Trev i have some zinc rich primer ill give it a couple of coats before i spray the stone chip on.

Carnt get a 4in grinder in Terry i am hope to get a reciprocating saw in ive ordered some 230mm blades and yes the bottle is going to get sprayed with tetrosyl stone chip + a alloy scoop in front of it mate.
Hi, my only concern with spraying with Tetrosyl ( unless you can get it in red ) is in the event of an accident / fire, the Emergency Services would not easily recognise it as an LPG container.

Hi, my only concern with spraying with Tetrosyl ( unless you can get it in red ) is in the event of an accident / fire, the Emergency Services would not easily recognise it as an LPG container.
You will find when autogass 2000 fit theses tanks they spray then with a black stone chip.I on the other hand am spraying mine white as it will show any rust coming through much sooner.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back