Hab checks

Carrerasax

Hab checks

so what’s £200 for if it doesn’t include electrical test/certification £86 extra and gas test/certification £120 extra !!!!!
also low mileage service £200 basically oil change it seems.
10% discount on extras booked at same time.
thats big of Alan Kerrs Paignton!!!!

Booked our hab test and will cost £195. Van only 2 years old then. Wonder if it includes the electrics and gas? Surely ... yes.
Engine service at the same time is £225 plus any parts eg oil or filters extra.
Should I be getting a better deal? Concerned about making sure the Adria warranty is in order.

We never bothered but then I like the risk !
Hab checks are a serious con in my opinion as like stated most don't include proper gas or electrical tests and even if they do most dealers don't have what I would call qualified people.

Banned member;n27152 said:
We never bothered but then I like the risk !
Hab checks are a serious con in my opinion as like stated most don't include proper gas or electrical tests and even if they do most dealers don't have what I would call qualified people.

Vehicle service is on the base vehicle only for the manufacturers warranty. Habitation service is on the box on the back only for their warranty. Don't pay for either (if in warranty periods) and you wont get any repairs done. Simples! We all know its a con but a few hundred pounds a year as against several thousand in possible repair is a no brainer.

Having bought and owned approximately 50 brand new vehicles I am pretty sure I am winning !
They also will repair if you don't adhere to there rules you just have to create more .

Hymer have a new con with their under seal service at £400 odd pounds which if you don't have it done the first year invalidates the water ingress warranty?

I'm glad this thread popped up. :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

I was just thinking about having a hab check this year because I have an inkling I might have a gas leak somewhere... keep smelling gas near the hab door. Sounds like I'd be better off with a proper gas chap to check it out if they don't cover this aspect.

I am seriously thinking about setting up a mobile gas fitting and gas check service for motorhomes and caravans, cannot decide whether to go the gas safe route or just what is required for NCC , my gas safe lpg expired last year although still have natural gas so just another £500 to add lpg !
More thinking to be done .

Sounds like a really good plan to me Charlie... there must be a big demand amongst the membership of the forums alone, judging by the number of threads you see asking for recommendations for fitters.
We had a mobile service install ours - 2 x 6kg Gaslow with autochange, new regulator, external fill point and a BBQ point for something over £600... over 5 years ago.
There must be some mileage in in that :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Banned member;n27162 said:
I am seriously thinking about setting up a mobile gas fitting and gas check service for motorhomes and caravans, cannot decide whether to go the gas safe route or just what is required for NCC , my gas safe lpg expired last year although still have natural gas so just another £500 to add lpg !
More thinking to be done .
Of course they will WC discount and mates rates .

Minisorella;n27165 said:
Sounds like a really good plan to me Charlie... there must be a big demand amongst the membership of the forums alone, judging by the number of threads you see asking for recommendations for fitters.
We had a mobile service install ours - 2 x 6kg Gaslow with autochange, new regulator, external fill point and a BBQ point for something over £600... over 5 years ago.
There must be some mileage in in that :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Don’t feel so bad about paying £700 for 2 11kgs now . Looks alot when u see how easy it replaces old bottles though!! Fitting filler in Door looks the technical bit!!!

If you were thinking of going to Alan Kerr for a Hab check then Exmouth isn't far away. We had one done there by Outdoorbits a couple of years ago and for (I think) about £150 they crawled all over the MH for about four hours and gave it a thorough check. All was well so you could say a waste of money but it gives you real peace of mind that gas system is OK and no damp issues. Very happy with the service provided.

John77;n27278 said:
Is a hab check required for insurance purposes ? I read about it somewere but can,t find any ref on my insurance paperwork. I'm with ccc.

I would have thought that if your insurance company requires you to have the hab check they would have to tell you when you you take out the insurance, I'm pretty sure they would also probably ask for a copy of it.

Regards,
Del

I didn't even have a Hab check done, whilst under warranty, because, I feel that my consumer rights would protect me, in the event of a dispute.

On our Christmas trip, slight smell of gas, so decided to have a gas check done by local lad who works freelance (mobile) for several big Motorhome outfits in the area. Cost £25 and was informed that the hose lets off a little smell of gas and needs replacing every three years. The date is on the hose and our was 2015 when we got the Motorhome.
No leaks and he will be doing our Hab check in the summer for £150 on our drive.

cerdicboy54;n27402 said:
On our Christmas trip, slight smell of gas, so decided to have a gas check done by local lad who works freelance (mobile) for several big Motorhome outfits in the area. Cost £25 and was informed that the hose lets off a little smell of gas and needs replacing every three years. The date is on the hose and our was 2015 when we got the Motorhome.
No leaks and he will be doing our Hab check in the summer for £150 on our drive.

He's keen , most manufacturers recommend replacement after 5 years for gas pigtails and 10 years for a regulator, yes all gas pipes are micro porous to some extent so will give off a slight smell.

Is your mh covered if no Hab check, say your van goes up in flames ..gas leak faulty appliances .but no Hab check done will they pay out ..?????

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back