Hab checks

Must say, I agree that hab checks are a MUST to get a successful warranty claim. If you own a moho out of warranty,it is still vital that you have at least a gas safe check done annually. Every gas safe engineer in the UK is on the gas safe register viewable online from were you can find one local to suit you.(I am nothing to do with these people and have no vested interest other than other members safety.) I have used one previously albeit on a caravan which was only just out of warranty and had been through several hab checks. The engineer found one perished flexible gas hose which was leaking slightly- not noticeable from a 47kg propane bottle(the 'van is semi permanently sited) and one slightly leaking hard piped bbq gas point that was only leaking when connected and switched on! Personal safety is priceless- gas checks are essential and cheap by comparison.

Unfortunately due to I'll health we failed to get our mh services in the second year. Now year four and we have a problem with damp at the rear and we have no redress on our warranty.

yes gas and electric checks should be done, but ask to see the certification of the person carrying out the check and most mh companies will look at you blank. A mh is far more at risk than the home of developing a fault as the gas and electric systems are not designed for a vehicle that moves a lot, consider the stress on gas joints when we pull of grass pitches, or going down rutted roads.

Mick H;n27384 said:
I didn't even have a Hab check done, whilst under warranty, because, I feel that my consumer rights would protect me, in the event of a dispute.

What a load of rubbish.

teejay;n27480 said:
Must say, I agree that hab checks are a MUST to get a successful warranty claim. If you own a moho out of warranty,it is still vital that you have at least a gas safe check done annually. Every gas safe engineer in the UK is on the gas safe register viewable online from were you can find one local to suit you.(I am nothing to do with these people and have no vested interest other than other members safety.) I have used one previously albeit on a caravan which was only just out of warranty and had been through several hab checks. The engineer found one perished flexible gas hose which was leaking slightly- not noticeable from a 47kg propane bottle(the 'van is semi permanently sited) and one slightly leaking hard piped bbq gas point that was only leaking when connected and switched on! Personal safety is priceless- gas checks are essential and cheap by comparison.

What a load of rubish!

Not only is it a good and safe idea to replace flexible rubber gas hose after a max of five years for safety it can also prevent a non functioning gas system. I used to sail and had two camping gaz cylinders onboard all the time. One morning I couldn't get the cooker to light for a brew. It turned out that the flexible hose leaches out a sticky substance over time and this had collected at the lowest point of the hose and was blocking it completely, and the hose was only four years old.
Just as well it was only a brew I was making and not a bacon sarnie.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back