Heart bypass travel to Europe

The point that annoys me more than anything else is. I was born with defective heart. A theme that has afflicted most males on my Mums side of the family. I’m one of three cousins still alive. All three of us, have had similar medical treatments.
These defects have been sorted by surgery and a pacemaker. Therefore, as far as I’m concerned. I’m a heathy, older person. I’m so convinced of that, I’d be happy to have pre-existing issues uninsured.

The point that annoys me more than anything else is. I was born with defective heart. A theme that has afflicted most males on my Mums side of the family. I’m one of three cousins still alive. All three of us, have had similar medical treatments.
These defects have been sorted by surgery and a pacemaker. Therefore, as far as I’m concerned. I’m a heathy, older person. I’m so convinced of that, I’d be happy to have pre-existing issues uninsured.
Well cardio staff were quite surprised when I told them my GP at the time diagnosed I had a heart murmur that was only noticeable when I was ill/run down. This was 30 years ago. I wasn’t given any scans or anything back then just a normal ecg and listen with stethoscope. You could see their minds working and while I didn’t ask I think my condition had been there back then. It was after telling them this the registrar let me go home while they did all the pre op tests and til I had surgery.

I was the fittest I had been for many years like you Del, not quite back there yet as I am stuck at the house and don’t walk as much when there. I am a great believer in fate, when your times up that’s it and nowt you can do about it. Must have some Viking in me lol

Well cardio staff were quite surprised when I told them my GP at the time diagnosed I had a heart murmur that was only noticeable when I was ill/run down. This was 30 years ago. I wasn’t given any scans or anything back then just a normal ecg and listen with stethoscope. You could see their minds working and while I didn’t ask I think my condition had been there back then. It was after telling them this the registrar let me go home while they did all the pre op tests and til I had surgery.

I was the fittest I had been for many years like you Del, not quite back there yet as I am stuck at the house and don’t walk as much when there. I am a great believer in fate, when your times up that’s it and nowt you can do about it. Must have some Viking in me lol
Again I’m with you on this. Are we brothers from different parents?
I’m not bothered when I go. As long as it’s quick, and doesn’t hurt. 😂
The Viking in you. 🙄 it’s only the hair and the silly hat’s you wear. I’ve yet to see horns on a Scotch Bonnet 🖕

I've posted this before, Neil, about the Farmer at the Petrol Station where I worked weekends whilst saving to get married When he called the local nutter in a Camaro 5.3 Litre that had been race tuned, a mad bugger, I remarked, 'But when your number's up you have to go', to which he replied, 'True, but they got to guess my bugger first ...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Hi awaiting quadruple bypass. Feel 100 percent fit walk 3 - 4 miles 7 day's a week condition under control . There appears to be 37 weeks waiting time for papworth have current ehic card . Would like to travel Europe for three months Have you had similar experience and what action did you take IE medical insurance. Thanks in anticipation
All insurance companies will try and get out of any claim with an excuse of known diseases.

Last edited:
But then again. They aren’t charities. Got share holders doncha know.
And most of the shreholders die of stress caused by havng their claims declined or the inordinate delays in paying up. Aviva dragged their heels and put up all sorts of spurious excuses [which just made their staff sound as thick as mince; e.g. 'Dry Rot is not covered' ... Me: It isn't dry rot I'm claiming for; it's for the chemical treatment to the new wood that was installed by a qualified, insurance approved company to replace the dry rot infestation. The flood washed the chemical treatment away: 'We don't cover dry rot as I've just explained ...'] until I complained to the Financial Services Ombudsman who found in my favour and awarded an interest penalty of 8% on the Friday morning. At 0815 on the Monday morning, Aviva phoned me. 'Mr March, we'd like to settle your claim and the interest. We can have the money in your account today ...'

The insurers confuse 'incompetence' with 'in competence', and there's quite a dfifference between the two. Add Call Centre staff working from scripts and an absence of Managers who 'don't take calls' [why are they employed, then? To monitor how long is spent by the staff taking toilet breaks?], and you have the absurdly low levels of expertise and customer service that existed in a bygone age when business looked after customers. Nowadays, this is restricted to the savvy local tradesperson who knows that a happy customer spreads the word and repeat business and new business from recommendations arrives. The arrogant corporates prefer to spend huge advertising budgets on facile adverts [Nationwide's latest, anyone?] to cope with the customer churn that crap service and 'the system won't allow it' [alleged] policies prescribe

Steve

I’m so convinced of that, I’d be happy to have pre-existing issues uninsured.
I use LV but they won't cover any existing conditions but they are a reasonable price so give them try Del

Regards,
Del

Yes I agree while waiting, that’s why my consultant said I wouldn’t get travel insurance until after surgery. Del is talking about a while after surgery and rectification of problems I think though. Not certain if Tezza is all clear or ongoing so May be different but don’t know til it’s cleared up

Edit: then again not sure if I will need it anyway, not a lot of interest in taking the van out the U.K. with current restrictions and requirements. May hop on a ferry for a dash to Netherlands though as they do some tempting offers. One of granddaughters and husband went last week for £49 each all in. Of course that would mean I have to renew my passport first, wasn’t bothering til I knew I could travel if I wanted to 😂😂😂
That’s a cheap ferry, which crossing for how long. Cab you do it one way🤔

And most of the shreholders die of stress caused by havng their claims declined or the inordinate delays in paying up. Aviva dragged their heels and put up all sorts of spurious excuses [which just made their staff sound as thick as mince; e.g. 'Dry Rot is not covered' ... Me: It isn't dry rot I'm claiming for; it's for the chemical treatment to the new wood that was installed by a qualified, insurance approved company to replace the dry rot infestation. The flood washed the chemical treatment away: 'We don't cover dry rot as I've just explained ...'] until I complained to the Financial Services Ombudsman who found in my favour and awarded an interest penalty of 8% on the Friday morning. At 0815 on the Monday morning, Aviva phoned me. 'Mr March, we'd like to settle your claim and the interest. We can have the money in your account today ...'

The insurers confuse 'incompetence' with 'in competence', and there's quite a dfifference between the two. Add Call Centre staff working from scripts and an absence of Managers who 'don't take calls' [why are they employed, then? To monitor how long is spent by the staff taking toilet breaks?], and you have the absurdly low levels of expertise and customer service that existed in a bygone age when business looked after customers. Nowadays, this is restricted to the savvy local tradesperson who knows that a happy customer spreads the word and repeat business and new business from recommendations arrives. The arrogant corporates prefer to spend huge advertising budgets on facile adverts [Nationwide's latest, anyone?] to cope with the customer churn that crap service and 'the system won't allow it' [alleged] policies prescribe

Steve
Don’t forget those important final salary index linked pensioners 😀😀

That’s a cheap ferry, which crossing for how long. Cab you do it one way🤔
That was foot passenger rate, they do specials fairly often. You could get return and not come back I suppose lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back