Heart bypass

village

Hi I will require a quadruple heart bypass my health at moment is good walking 5/6 kilometers every day with no discomfort. Has anyone had same experience travelling and can you recommend a pre existing medical insurance cover tia

I was told by the consultant a few weeks back I would be unable to get travel insurance for outside the U.K. I haven’t tested this as I am not after going abroad. Of course this may be different for you. Once you have had the op there should be no problems

I had a stent and a double bypass nearly a year ago after an unexpected heart attack - it nearly frightened me to death. After it I could barely manage to walk more than 20 yards, basically from the front room to the toilet. Walking upstairs for any reason was quite an adventure and left me gasping for breath for several weeks. It got progressively better over time - along with several changes to my meds. I am a great deal better now and walking well, I’m about to go out walking miss Molly in a short while, having her alongside me was a great help.

As to travel insurance I took out LV as they were the only sensibly priced company for me and my ill wife. Loads of questions, but otherwise no problem.

edited to add that my insurance was specifically to enable us to go abroad in Europe, no restrictions

Last edited:
Glad your still feeling good Simon, ring me if you like.

You have my deep and heartfelt sympathy Trev, I hate that fecking stuff, Movi prep sounds more like getting ready to go to the flicks.

I had it twice last year and it got cancelled coz of Covid, they made another app for me to come in and I told them what they could do with it, so they said well we can do it with a CT scan but you still need a god clear out, so I said no chance and they gave me three tiny little bottles 50ml of this stuff to drink, tasted a bit orangey to me, so WTH can't they give me that, it had to be delivered by courier as it had to be fresh.

You have my deep and heartfelt sympathy Trev, I hate that fecking stuff, Movi prep sounds more like getting ready to go to the flicks.

I had it twice last year and it got cancelled coz of Covid, they made another app for me to come in and I told them what they could do with it, so they said well we can do it with a CT scan but you still need a god clear out, so I said no chance and they gave me three tiny little bottles 50ml of this stuff to drink, tasted a bit orangey to me, so WTH can't they give me that, it had to be delivered by courier as it had to be fresh.
No stuff to drink, the prob goes up and is burst through the dirt pipe lining to reach the prostrate, then a device grabs a slice and brings it out and back to earth to go under the m scope, what a nice thing on a Sunday morning with maybe no anisthetic. :eek:
Still not telling them where my money is hidden.

No stuff to drink, the prob goes up and is burst through the dirt pipe lining to reach the prostrate, then a device grabs a slice and brings it out and back to earth to go under the m scope, what a nice thing on a Sunday morning with maybe no anisthetic. :eek:
Some people think that being a proctologist is a shit job; and others think it's a real pain the arse ... :D

Steve

Oh you mean a biopsy, I was thinking Colonoscopy, biopsy is fine once you've had one you know it's no biggy at all and they seem to find a pretty nurse to talk crap to you so you're not too frightened :D :D

I did get sepsis on the second one, you really don't want that, seriously 999 if you start shaking uncontrollably and struggling to do anything, it will kill you if you don't act fast.

Oh you mean a biopsy, I was thinking Colonoscopy, biopsy is fine once you've had one you know it's no biggy at all and they seem to find a pretty nurse to talk crap to you so you're not too frightened :D :D
Kev, you forgot to mention that fleeting moment of hope when said nurse approaches with the syringe and the motivational phrase, 'Just feel a small prick' ... :oops: (y)

The downside is when the proctologist appears and tells you that he hasn't always been a medic; he claims that he retrained after a previous career in the Mines ... 'Local, or general? Take your pick ...' :eek:

Steve

When he was puting the prob in a said im still not telling where my money is, all 2 nurses and him burst out laughing, after that the straight face dropped and we had a giggle, I told them that when i was young girls used to smill at me, these days there dog does not even bark, that sent one of the nurses in to fits, anyway now abble to sit down without barking.

Hi I will require a quadruple heart bypass my health at moment is good walking 5/6 kilometers every day with no discomfort. Has anyone had same experience travelling and can you recommend a pre existing medical insurance cover tia
I do hope all goes well for you and a full recovery, we all seem to be falling apart as we get older, I feel for children who take seck at an early age never had a full life, sadly its the way the world goes round.

I do hope all goes well for you and a full recovery, we all seem to be falling apart as we get older, I feel for children who take seck at an early age never had a full life, sadly its the way the world goes round.
I completely agree Trev. We all have our little health problems, but in the grand scheme of things we are so lucky to both be still here.

Like you, I feel for the children who didn't have a fair crack of life due to illness, and also for those held back by physical disabilities. For more years than I can remember I've belonged to groups for the disabled. Only after his passing, I found out that my uncle received a New Years Honours gong for his voluntary work for the disabled.

I have just the bowel endoscopy not a pleasant experience at all as you can see everything on the monitor , but a great relief when I was told I was cancer free .
+ 1....... The test sent by the NHS is a MUST DO for everyone , if not done so, get it done. I have been doing it since sent the 1st test , have a friend who has had Stomach probs for a couple of yrs now just found he has stage 4 Cancer & been given 11 months, so sad.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back