Heating Utility Room With a Chinese Diesel Heater

I have read through the terms and conditions Sue and nothing to say otherwise

Usually down to the insured party to disclose material facts....
That 'may' prejudice a claim

I'd be inclined to check with them to be on the safe side as its not something that's normally used in a house for a heat source (like a oil rad/fan heater/convector heater)

Nice. I think I'd want to mesh the area near the exhaust (inside) to stop anything from ending up on top of it and melting/burning.

Nice. I think I'd want to mesh the area near the exhaust (inside) to stop anything from ending up on top of it and melting/burning.

Good Idea Steve , I have got some plasterers mesh somewhere , I think I can cut that and cover the exposed part of the exhaust (y)

Great job Jeff, I love it. Anyone who knows me will know I like to be warm (y) A bit like my mate @Exwindsurfer ;)

Regards,
Del

Usually down to the insured party to disclose material facts....
That 'may' prejudice a claim

I'd be inclined to check with them to be on the safe side as its not something that's normally used in a house for a heat source (like a oil rad/fan heater/convector heater)
A pessimist is someone who see's a problem in every opportunity.

Clever idea Jeff. Unusual that. 🖕

A pessimist is someone who see's a problem in every opportunity.

Clever idea Jeff. Unusual that. 🖕

I don't see having worthwhile insurance as being a problem....

IF you think your insurance company WON'T try to wriggle out of a claim then you've obviously not bothered reading the small print in you policies.....

I think the heaters are a great idea.... And have one heating my greenhouse at the moment.

Though I did get clarification from my insurance company...

The fact its a greenhouse and not far different from a parrafin heater meant they were fine....

They wouldn't offer cover IF the greenhouse was heated AND the greenhouse was attached to the house.

Sorry to tell you but house and fire regulations stat you must have a fire cut out valve fitted so fuel can be cut in the event of a fire, the old type solder melt type over burner is no longer used and a wire type with the valve a the fuel tank which must be 3 mtrs away from a building is a must.
Pic of old valve and dia of new setup, legal requirement under building regs.valve a.pngvalve c.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back