Holidays are back from 12th April

TrevandJenny

The dates out the trap, CANT WAIT.

The second step from 12 April would see major parts of the economy permitted to reopen:
  • Non-essential retail opens, hairdressers and some public buildings like libraries
  • Outdoor settings like alcohol takeaways, beer gardens, zoos and theme parks
  • Indoor leisure like swimming pools and gyms
  • Self-contained holiday accommodation, such as self-catering lets and camp sites

Last edited:
Reactions: RCW
I know what your saying just itching too get away and hoping that these dates will include us lot. But if it’s another week or two after that date then at least it’s a bit of light at end of the tunnel and something too aim for. cant wait to see what Nicola dose regarding Scotland.

We’ve no sign of vaccination yet, so even if it happens at the beginning of March we won’t be able to get away till June as we wouldn’t want to miss notification of the 2nd dose, normally about 12 weeks but can be sooner.

We’ve no sign of vaccination yet, so even if it happens at the beginning of March we won’t be able to get away till June as we wouldn’t want to miss notification of the 2nd dose, normally about 12 weeks but can be sooner.
Normally, you are notified of the second jab date when you go along for the first one Bill.

Got my tx today unexpected 62 health good .
Thursday,, gave me my second jab date to..

Reactions: 2cv
Normally, you are notified of the second jab date when you go along for the first one Bill.

Bill
My Mrs had her First Jab Last week and wasnt informed of the date for her 2nd One.I await the appointment for my 1st Jab.I think as they are trying to Vaccinate a larger number with their 1st Jabs the 2nd appointment has gone out of the window for now in some Areas, and will be informed in due course ONCE they know what supplies they have to work with.

• Thank You
BBC says campsites open from 12th https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56158405
The second step from 12 April would see major parts of the economy permitted to reopen:
  • Non-essential retail opens, hairdressers and some public buildings like libraries
  • Outdoor settings like alcohol takeaways, beer gardens, zoos and theme parks
  • Indoor leisure like swimming pools and gyms
  • Self-contained holiday accommodation, such as self-catering lets and camp sites
Of course, who knows, but fingers crossed.
Not rushing abroad.
Only going to rallys and adult only sites for a few months!
(Still need to test the van out - as yet untested :eek: )

BBC says campsites open from 12th https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56158405

Of course, who knows, but fingers crossed.
Not rushing abroad.
Only going to rallys and adult only sites for a few months!
(Still need to test the van out - as yet untested :eek: )
I did see that on the BBC but the Gov docs do not mention campsites. Believe me I have been grounded for long enough, I want out, I miss my Motorhomer family.

Bill
My Mrs had her First Jab Last week and wasnt informed of the date for her 2nd One.I await the appointment for my 1st Jab.I think as they are trying to Vaccinate a larger number with their 1st Jabs the 2nd appointment has gone out of the window for now in some Areas, and will be informed in due course ONCE they know what supplies they have to work with.
Had mine last week but no date for 2nd one

i think the gov letters to vaccination hubs etc you get both dates , the gp referrals either text or phone call only normally make first appt

In our area of Lincolnshire the Jabs are in a small Church hall type centre but not at the GP and not a large Hub.As I said before Mr Mrs Elaine had her 1st Jab last week but no new Appointment given to anyone attending.They are giving the Oxford Vaccine so not sure if it makes a difference i/e do the Larger Hubs give the Pfizer vaccine due to easier to store in Larger Cold Fridges?

I think it depends more on luck, and your region.

Yvonne went to our local GP and has no idea when her 2nd jab will be.

I chose to visit a major hub 'cos I wanted a legal drive out. When I booked the hub via 119, the lady immediately offered the 2nd jab at exactly the right time interval, although strangely my 2nd jab isn't at the original hub, but at a nearer local village hall.

I did see that on the BBC but the Gov docs do not mention campsites. Believe me I have been grounded for long enough, I want out, I miss my Motorhomer family.

Big Phil we havent used our Van since beginning of October 2019 Due to Covid19 so are itching at the bit to go somewhere.Shame everything is still a little uncertain BUT once vaccinated hopefully we all will feel somewhat a bit more Protected and not as vulnerable.You are right to state earlier though that this may happen on 12th April BUT not necessarily is definate.No point in building hopes to much BUT great a light maybe at the end of the tunnel?

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back