Holidays are back from 12th April

It was announced yesterday that vaccinations here are slowing down considerably, so we’ll be lucky to get away by July now. I’m honestly pleased that many on here will have some freedom soon.
Yes Bill, I think they said there was a general slowing down everywhere towards end of April.....but that there will a corresponding acceleration throughout March. There's certainly a lot of regional variations as to 1st jabs and wether or not you are given date for 2nd jab. We are booked for late April and will be going even with just first jab...makes no difference where you are as long as you stick to the rules !! Maja

Yes Bill, I think they said there was a general slowing down everywhere towards end of April.....but that there will a corresponding acceleration throughout March. There's certainly a lot of regional variations as to 1st jabs and wether or not you are given date for 2nd jab. We are booked for late April and will be going even with just first jab...makes no difference where you are as long as you stick to the rules !! Maja

Yes, still important to stick to the rules. I’ve now got an appointment mid March and hopefully Susie should get one in April. As far as getting away, still probably July as we would’t want to miss second jab appointments in the post. Possibly get a few short outings before then staying near home.
Be good if you can get to one of the zoom meets which are going well and thanks to your original idea. With luck we won’t need many more as we get back to meeting for real.

Keep getting reminders for David's first jab. Cos he's had the virus, I don't want it to aggravate his immune system, plus we don't know how to fit it in with his next immunotherapy treatment.....waiting to hear from his oncologist. Btw, he was still testing positive a month after first diagnosis.
I’m on immunotherapy treatment- my oncologist advised that Astra Zeneca jab was best for me and he advised 2-3 days before treatment - which worked well for me. I got the jab when I went for my blood test before treatment.

Im confused! Ive read that from 12 April the rule of 6 or 2 households outdoors and then from 17 May Social contact extends to Max 30 people outdoors. How does this mean the Hereford meet starting 29 April can go ahead? I can understand campsites being different as bookings are (mostly) individual not group.

As far as getting away, still probably July as we would’t want to miss second jab appointments in the post.
Hi Bill, you're certainly late for first jab !! However, you might be given date for second one when you have first... so can get away before July. Even if no date you can estimate 12 weeks to give yourself a window for escaping !! As for that site, High Bank farm, Poulton....it's a mile from where we have moved house to !! Will appear on zoom soon...glad to see you have continued with my original idea !!! Oh, and the site Rog mentioned is a mile in the other direction from us !! Maja

Im confused! Ive read that from 12 April the rule of 6 or 2 households outdoors and then from 17 May Social contact extends to Max 30 people outdoors. How does this mean the Hereford meet starting 29 April can go ahead? I can understand campsites being different as bookings are (mostly) individual not group.

We stopped hosting rallies in 2020 when the pandemic began. We now only offer campsite services to our members. These campsites are run under COVID safe rules and members must follow the Governments guidance like they would on any campsite.

No community activities are allowed.

Lee posted informing members of what is expected of them on the campsites that we provide.

Below is a link to the rules that we posted last year.

I did see that on the BBC but the Gov docs do not mention campsites. Believe me I have been grounded for long enough, I want out, I miss my Motorhomer family.
Copied and pasted this from the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ing-2021-summary#step-2---not-before-12-april

Step 2 - not before 12 April​

Business and activities​

Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.

Don't know how to highlight but the penultimate line on second para says 'campsites'

This may happen on April 12th but it is not a definite date. Also the governments official document does not mention campsites reopening at all, to does however imply that domestic self contained holidays will be allowed.
I agree, it's almost as if it's ok to go to your own holiday home and that's it - what about static caravan sites? We're waiting to here from our site in Wales......

In our area of Lincolnshire the Jabs are in a small Church hall type centre but not at the GP and not a large Hub.As I said before Mr Mrs Elaine had her 1st Jab last week but no new Appointment given to anyone attending.They are giving the Oxford Vaccine so not sure if it makes a difference i/e do the Larger Hubs give the Pfizer vaccine due to easier to store in Larger Cold Fridges?
Mine was in a massive place in the Midlands (actually it was in me left arm!) and it was the Oxford Astra Zenica jab. My second appt was given to me on the NHS site when I booked my first.

Copied and pasted this from the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ing-2021-summary#step-2---not-before-12-april

Step 2 - not before 12 April​

Business and activities​

Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.

Don't know how to highlight but the penultimate line on second para says 'campsites'
I agree with you there - however "where indoor facilities are not shared with other households" which means the showers/washup areas are out of bounds - a small compromise?

I may stay at home for those first two weekends
I'm not good at joining a mad rush 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️
Booked out from June 4th until I decide to come home. 😄

We are Moholess right now, but I don't think I would be wanting to go away until everyone has had their second jab and we have a better understanding of what is safe and what is not, then we have to contend with those who think it's a government conspiracy wandering around ricking the health of all they come into contact with, they should wear a sign of some sort or a tattoo on their foreheads, what would it say though?

This may happen on April 12th but it is not a definite date. Also the governments official document does not mention campsites reopening at all, to does however imply that domestic self contained holidays will be allowed.
Don’t get me started on politics , 1 rule for them, another for the rest of us Phil, nuf said 😝

We have booked sites for a longish trip away in June. Mrs GMJ will have had both her jabs by then but tbh she always uses our on board facilities anyway. I will probably have only had 1 jab by then but as I had covid in January I should still have antibodies as well, hopefully.

I have booked a fully serviced pitch at one site; am on a waiting/cancellation list at another for a fully serviced; and am right next to water point at the other 2 sites...so if push comes to shove I too can use our on board facilities without having to lug water long distances.

We haven't made any plans for sooner than then given the uncertainty on dates and natural caution however IF sites start to re-open with/without facilities, we'll do some carefully targeted site selection and pop away for the odd trip here and there prior to June.

We are also very hopeful we can get away to Italy in September but haven't booked anything yet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back