Hooked on a tv series

just watching michael palin in . n. korea.....not as interesting as i thought it would be......
Hmmm. Not seen that but always enjoyed his "80 days", "around the rim" and "pole to pole" series so I would have expected it to be good.

the Loom-ley Silk Road series is good fun (as was her one in Japan). I like the Simon Reeves series which was about the Countries bordering the Indian Ocean (I think that was the scope?).
Couple of other Travel Series which were great ... "Tribe" by Bruce someone. Where he stayed for a while with different Tribes around the world. I actually bought the DVDs when they became available.
And "Bush Tucker Man". from the 70's I think. If there was only one travel series I would have watched, it would be this one. Really interesting and still very watchable (can be found on YouTube if anyone fancies it)

(told you I watch too much TV!)

The Mighty Redcar is a fantastic story and very well made. A real eye opener, I can’t recommend it highly enough. Very saddening at times, but don’t let that put you off. To catch up it must be on i player.

My list:

Click on the title to see the trailer.

Stranger Things (IMDB 8.9) < you must watch this one!
The Blacklist (IMDB 8.1) < Great show starring James Spader
Elementary (IMDB 7.9) < Modern-day Sherlock Holmes
Preacher (IMDB 8.1) < Dominic Cooper stars in this very weird series
Lucifer (IMDB 8.2) < Tom Ellis is brilliant in this show
Young Sheldon (IMDB 7.1) < if you are a Big Bang Theory fan then you will love this
Big Bang Theory (IMDB 8.2) < record-breaking sit-com
Startup (IMDB 8.1) < I really like this one
Silicon Valley (IMDB 8.6) < Comedy about a tech company
Brooklyn 99 (IMDB 8.4) < Wacky police comedy

Last edited:
I am constantly surprised that with so many channels so much of the content is utter s@@te. I cannot abide laud aggressive adverts so pretty much everything is recorded. I have recently discovered "The Sopranos" which I am enjoying and am also watching one of my favourites on Netflix, "Still Game" a real laugh out loud treat.

I am constantly surprised that with so many channels so much of the content is utter s@@te. I cannot abide laud aggressive adverts so pretty much everything is recorded. I have recently discovered "The Sopranos" which I am enjoying and am also watching one of my favourites on Netflix, "Still Game" a real laugh out loud treat.
The Sopranos used to be one of my favourite series alas it’s ended now but I have the complete series on dvd so I can watch it all again should I get the urge.

My list:

Click on the title to see the trailer.

Stranger Things (IMDB 8.9) < you must watch this one!
The Blacklist (IMDB 8.1) < Great show starring James Spader
Elementary (IMDB 7.9) < Modern-day Sherlock Holmes
Preacher (IMDB 8.1) < Dominic Cooper stars in this very weird series
Lucifer (IMDB 8.2) < Tom Ellis is brilliant in this show
Young Sheldon (IMDB 7.1) < if you are a Big Bang Theory fan then you will love this
Big Bang Theory (IMDB 8.2) < record-breaking sit-com
Startup (IMDB 8.1) < I really like this one
Silicon Valley (IMDB 8.6) < Comedy about a tech company
Brooklyn 99 (IMDB 8.4) < Wacky police comedy
The only one I watch in this list is Lucifer. Great series, if only to ogle at the main man,didn't know his name I guess it's Tom Ellis?

I am not into a lot of telly, but the Bodyguard was very good. Currently watching No Offence on C4. Only just discovered this in series 3, but all series 1 and 2 available on All 4. Well recommended.

Also love any of the Scandinavian output like the Bridge.

Paul

It really tickles me how many of you stress that you don’t really watch much tv, it’s not the 8th deadly sin to actually watch tv either at home or in your van. ??

the money saving chap is on tv at th e moment........he says one of the airline are selling fares at 29p on thursday...think he said jet 2 but i could be mistaken.............got to be some catch to it.......??????????

Bodyguard was a very good series but the last episode was rubbish very poor ending !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
cooking on channel 2 at the moment....UGG...the chefs hair....my goodness..long straggly ...oh he realy should have it tied up whilst hes in the kitchen...

Theres a cracking series on Netflix the making of the mob gangster film documentary there’s a couple bits that realy link the kennedys to the mafia at the end of second season

New Karl Pilkington series starts today, have it series linked for tonight but seems it was shown early hours. Sky Atlantic tonight

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back