HOW MANY MEMBERS OWN A HYMER

Mercedes Hymer B680, 2001, 2.1cc turbo diesel, RHD, probably do about 7000 miles a year, and loving it, mostly in Europe, but thanks to brexit that may change, we’re over to Germany May 29th, last time ? Who knows ?

My van is a 564, fantastic wee van no problems with it, had it since 2014.going for MOT Tomorrow yeehaa

When someone tried to break into our 2002 Hymer they damaged the habitation door lock, Brownhills wanted over £150 for a Hymer lock, being ex trade I knew I had seen similar locks before so trawled the internet looking for something similar, found it was a first generation Fiat Punto lock which was built until 1999, got one from the scrapyard and fitted my barrel, cost about £5
That doesn't sound much like premium build!!!

my van has been superb we have done 30,000 miles in just over 3 years only cost couple of hundred for services & mot,s , this year service mot & cam belt change all came together so expecting a bill of £400 to £500 garage owner rang me up said brakes just a pass but he knows i go away for long trips and advised me to have new pads & front discs wouldn’t do it without checking first he’s pretty good like that so now looking at £800 ouch hymer perfection b544

Wee electronic lock that locked cupboard doors Dethleff wanted £60 +VAT got one from euro parts £7 couldent be arsed getting it done on warranty so looked into just replacing it myself I bet if you looked close enough you’d find parts from a 1979 Morris marina on a hymer Dethleff cathargo motorhomes are made of what ever they have lying around or stuff that’s surplus somewhere else.

That doesn't sound much like premium build!!!
That was my point, they don't make locks for Hymers, Rapidos or Dethleffs, the door is designed around an existing lock, it isn't something unique to motorhomes, some parts fitted to Jaguar and Rover in the 60/70/80's were identical to British Leyland parts but were priced up because you were buying with a name.
If your van has a Fiat 2.8JTD engine and you need spares they are cheaper from an Iveco dealer than Fiat, it pays to shop around

my van has been superb we have done 30,000 miles in just over 3 years only cost couple of hundred for services & mot,s , this year service mot & cam belt change all came together so expecting a bill of £400 to £500 garage owner rang me up said brakes just a pass but he knows i go away for long trips and advised me to have new pads & front discs wouldn’t do it without checking first he’s pretty good like that so now looking at £800 ouch hymer perfection b544

Is a pilote a Hymer? If so I would like to own one like Lee and Linda's but not in white.
Cheers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back