How Ruuude

I'd have not waited for them to come over and say wie geht es, but gone over to them to say hello (but mainly to be able to have a look at their trucks - those are PROPER motorhomes to me)
Hmmm...some would say these "gas-guzzling eco-disaster ugly monsters" should be scrapped and melted down on sight ? LOL !! Maja

Third year in Europe for winter to be fair all nationalities can be friendly or rude we have seen all sorts. Just had a afternoon party with mixed nationalities it was great lots of sharing food and drink, we got them playing games the laughter was fantastic funny seeing the Dutch and Germans tied up ???

Having lived in Germany for many years and having business contacts for years afterwards I have always found that the German people take life a bit more seriously than we do and work a lot harder.
Obviously being a different Nation they have a different sense of humour!:rolleyes:;)
Interesting observation. I used to work for a multinational company and spent a fair but of time in both Germany and Eastern Switzerland (Zurich specifically) and found both the Germans and Swiss (also renowned as hard workers I believe?) do NOT work as hard as the British (at least within my company). (as I am partly German and have lived there for a while when young also, I do feel qualified to have that opinion).

However, without any doubt both the British AND the Germans work a damn site harder then the French!

Having lived in Germany for many years and having business contacts for years afterwards I have always found that the German people take life a bit more seriously than we do and work a lot harder.
Obviously being a different Nation they have a different sense of humour!:rolleyes:;)
Got to agree Ted.

I had working relationships with German people, and like you, was hugely impressed with their work ethic.

I well remember a Grand Design programme where they brought a modular Huf-Haus all the way from the continent, arrived bang on time, and were distressed to find UK crane supplier from down the road was late on site.

Their van was spotless, but before they left, also bang on time, they thoroughly sorted and cleaned their van. Complete efficiency!

It very much depends on the sectors and the individuals. there are plenty of bone-idle folk in the UK. And plenty in Germany, France, Italy and every other country.
I found the Germans tend to work hard, but when they have had enough, then they have had enough and would 'down tools' until the next day. And their works councils make sure they get rewarded well. The British doing the same job would carry on working however long was neccessary and would typically carry on for hours after the Germans packed up. The French on the other hand would not pull their fingers out much; would NEVER have a working lunch, and as soon as they hit their 35 hours in the week would be away regardless of any deadlines. Scandinavians ... Good workers but maybe slightly too chilled out sometimes.
Now going outside Europe, the US guys would be pretty well like the Brits, and the Singaporeans would probably be the folk who put the most hours in, but were not the most effective due to their education (intelligent, well educated, but inflexible mindsets).
Maybe other industries had different patterns of work ethics, but in the Industry that I worked in, with people from various countries doing similar jobs, this is what I observed.

We saw one of these mega all terrain type mhs in Spain last year. Wouldn’t want to buy tyres for it!!!!?

How Ruuude !
Tea break and two vans arrive from Germany and Belgium.Never come across 3 European vans like that here in the USA.They conversed outside between themselves for a while and I thought,considering our circumstances, they would acknowledge us and say hello.Not a dicky ?.Drove off leaving us to talk to the friendly American vehicles.View attachment 40517
Just a thought, but how good is your German/Flemish/French? I have found quite often that they are a little embarrassed that they don't speak English confidently enough to strike up a conversation. When I address them in their own language the result is usually good. Not all foreigners speak English, you know, and they are not obliged to do so.

Hi. Why is someone rude because they do not say hello or acknowledge. My wife and I have often parked up in lay-bys even mile long promenades. Within 1hour there will be. Mh. Cars parked within 6ft of us We then start up and move further away. That's why we have mh and wild camp. We love our privacy.now I am told it's rude. Surely people have right to want to have a bit of privacy. We parked on leysdown /shellness prom once. Woke up in the morning 4 more mh. 3/4 miles empty. 5 mh I 140 ft. Soon packed and moved.
sorry we park for protection, not to close, but close, we that is the wife and i, will give you a lot of space, if some idiot knockes on you door at 3 am
we cant here it, best of what ever ,pj

This is an interesting tour of an offroad VW T5 in the US
IIRC, the owner was Swiss and he is a very friendly chap. The Camper is impressive as well.

Nothing wrong with germans,i had two to eat today,sorry i ment german buiscuts,oh thats not right we now have to call them empire bicys now.

This is an interesting tour of an offroad VW T5 in the US
IIRC, the owner was Swiss and he is a very friendly chap. The Camper is impressive as well.
Wow! Now that's what I call a camper!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back