Hydrogen trains now

We were talking about this last night in bed, and we figured that there is little point in actually doing it as there isn't enough use for it or anywhere to significantly store it yet, but if we were to get a real reason then I'm sure there will be dedicated solar and wind farms set up by companies wanting to produce Hydrogen.

What about methaine gas which could be had from garbage dumps and toilet waste, there is a third place but we wont go into that. :eek:

That might take a long time to build an engine that size, but at least the water is there, not sure if salt water complicates the process or not.

The effect of salt in the water, I believe, is to improve the electroconductivity of the water so I imagine it will help with electrolysis. I know at school we put sulphuric acid in the water to assist with the conductivity when conducting electrolysis experiments and although salt is not so good as sulphuric acid I think it helps.

Shame it's a hybrid.

It's an aircraft, so would either half of the hybrid be enough to keep it in the air should the other half fail, I would assume so or it'd not get a licence to fly, but.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back