Hymer flyscreen roller broken

• Thread starter Deleted member 1430
  • Start date

Deleted member 1430

Hi
I pulled down the flyscreen on a side window and after a crack realised the cord had broken. I manually rolled the flyscreen back up and the blind still goes up ok. Any ideas on a repair/replacement? I can see 2 screws each side to allow the blind/screen to slide up and down but the rest of the unit does not have any obvious release screws. The motorhome is a 1998 Hymer E690. Has anyone any experience of repairing these blinds before I attempt taking it apart?

Can you add any pictures, it may help if someone has the same type ?

Thanks for your replies. I am still unsure of how to remove the cover. There are no obvious screws or places to prise off from hidden clips.

Is it a case of carefully prising this corner off. Sorry to appear dumb but until this cover comes off I won't have access to the cassette. The older models had screws but obviously the upgrade is much smoother.

Thanks. I agree. I will try to prise open the perforated panels tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. The strips came of easily. 24 screws! I discovered that the retaining clip had broken on the flyscreen tensioning rod. I have made a temporary repair and ordered a replacement, which I should have in about 3 weeks. Thanks again for the advice and support that gave me the confidence to sort it out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back