I phone 7 battery & software update issues

Tried but my son wasn't confident we could get an old backup 1.12 to achieve much.
It did come up with a pc plug in symbol at one point so i think I need to do it even if just resetting as new phone even if I lose settings.
Trouble is I don't possess a lap top that will connect to web these days.

The CPU slows down if it is starved of power. I have replaced a 6 and a 6S battery and both revived afterwards.

Yes, I've done that but now I is locked on apple screen and won't turn off or do anything!!!!
Help?

That would suggest one of the internal connectors has been disturbed during the battery change. If you go back in and check the connections it might be worth disconnecting the battery and forcing a reboot but I am only guessing never having had such a problem.

Yes and a DFU but it was locked on apple screen b4 and this has made no difference!

Don’t know if this will help, I know it’s paid for software, but don’t know the cost, but there’s a money back guarantee.
if that doesn’t work ( and it probably won’t if you have the same problem after doing a DFU,) then I think a professional repair shop is next but be prepared for getting new phone.

Last edited:
Well , guess what!!!!
Phones suddenly woken up.😩
But WHY are some apps sob unresponsive???

So why does battery drain so quickly even though the status shows at 92%?
System update message won’t open?

If I delete conversations from what’s app do I have to empty a deleted files folder somewhere like pics or does it do itself.
Cab I add memory to an I phone 7 or does it have to be on a sim card.

How much are apple going to want to fit a new battery?
How much can I reasonably expect to pay for one elsewhere?
Should I be prepared to be brave and let them do it?
What are real memory issues all about?
😫😫

Trying to delete some unused apps to free up some internal space but it won’t work.
Says I have used 31.5 of 32gb
I’ve deleted all photos and emptied deleted pics folder.
Increased I cloud storage to 50gb but update still didn’t work.

Trying to delete some unused apps to free up some internal space but it won’t do it.
When I select delete app in settings toner just spins but nothing happens!
Increased iCloud capacity to 50gb last night but it still won’t update system.

One of my favourite music apps was hogging 15gb of data, several hours of lossless cached music. I deleted the caches (data) and expected to see a big chunk of spare data freed up but nothing changed. I then deleted the app and immediately found I had an extra 15gb of data available. All I then had to do was re-install the app and all was well.

It may also be that if you have set your phone to sync with iCloud you may be reinstalling the deleted data because it tries to keep all your Apple devices synchronised. Check your settings.

New battery fitted by Apple will cost around £50, however, as I stated in post #5, 92% efficiency is good and you don’t need a new battery. It sounds like something ( an app) is hogging your memory and draining the battery, that’s why I suggested restoring it as a new phone to see if the problem persists. Increasing your cloud storage will do very little if you have deleted your photos as they take up most of the memory and these would be uploaded to the cloud as long as you have told your phone to do this.
If I were you, I would wait till you’ve been to the Genius Bar on Monday. They might be able to fix it or identify what is wrong.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back