If you had the means, where

Pudsey Bear

Would you like to live, not juat the country but more the surroundings.

For me it would be (although I doubt it exists) High up overlooking a busy harbour, railway station, busy river and motorway and an airport in the distance.

Where we are now it is a lovely view but apart from a fantastic view of the great circle route, great for plane spotting, it's either farm land or to one side houses, the road out side is very quiet too.

For most of us we make a trade off between various things in our price range.
I often think one of the downsides of being incredibly wealthy and you could travel or live absolutely anywhere in the world...........................how do you decide ?
The poor buggers must be up all night trying to make decisions (perhaps you could pay someone else to make the decisions for you)

Brexit. especially the removal of Freedom of Movement, has stymied a lot of the popular options, and there are serious issues such as UK State Pensions, and access to NHS Treatment to consider. On the purely emotional side, I don't like the sense of being almost forced out [and this is just a personal feeling, rather than a tangible reason] to live the quality of life that we were able to take for granted as European citizens

So, my preference will be to continue to live in Scotland, but to make use of Brunhilde for 2 or 3 long'ish trips each year for Winter Sun and Summer temperate climes, timing the returns to comply with property insurance stipulations, M/Home and Car MOTs/servicing, and the use of our NHS 'Season Ticket' Access All Departments [save Maternity] for bits to screwed back on, lumps cut away, and tablets to control the residual bits. But not the Yellow Tablets, because they cause most of the problems, to paraphrase Eric Morecambe ... :p

Steve

Brexit. especially the removal of Freedom of Movement, has stymied a lot of the popular options, and there are serious issues such as UK State Pensions, and access to NHS Treatment to consider. On the purely emotional side, I don't like the sense of being almost forced out [and this is just a personal feeling, rather than a tangible reason] to live the quality of life that we were able to take for granted as European citizens

So, my preference will be to continue to live in Scotland, but to make use of Brunhilde for 2 or 3 long'ish trips each year for Winter Sun and Summer temperate climes, timing the returns to comply with property insurance stipulations, M/Home and Car MOTs/servicing, and the use of our NHS 'Season Ticket' Access All Departments [save Maternity] for bits to screwed back on, lumps cut away, and tablets to control the residual bits. But not the Yellow Tablets, because they cause most of the problems, to paraphrase Eric Morecambe ... :p

Steve
Didn't you read the OP Steve?

The sunny Kingdom of Fife, looking out over the Firth of Forth, and the stunning 3 bridges and Edinburgh Castle. 100m from the beach, Not too shabby!

Steve
No indeed, and a fine place to be, we overnighted under the forth bridge last year, and did a quick trip across on the train as there is a station at each end, £2 each return, well worth it.

1674038256677.jpeg

I love it here in sunny Blackpool and wouldn’t change. Whilst physically able it’s still nice to have a couple of months a year in the California desert to get guaranteed heat. Missed it for the last couple of years due covid restrictions and health.

I love it here in sunny Blackpool and wouldn’t change. Whilst physically able it’s still nice to have a couple of months a year in the California desert to get guaranteed heat. Missed it for the last couple of years due covid restrictions and health.
There is a song about dreaming.

No indeed, and a fine place to be, we overnighted under the forth bridge last year, and did a quick trip across on the train as there is a station at each end, £2 each return, well worth it.

View attachment 65545
We are about 3 miles downstream from the bridges [about 7 miles by road] and there are 3 or 4 overnight pitches at Silver Sands in Aberdour, roughly 1/2 way between us and the bridges, Kev

Steve

Is the sand silver Steve? Walked miles on Skye for som coloured sand beach and didn’t see it lol

Is the sand silver Steve? Walked miles on Skye for som coloured sand beach and didn’t see it lol
No, Neil, more bog standard beach sand, but the denizens of Aberdour do have certain pretensions ... It's why we don't live there, despite our pointing out the savings they would make on Council Tax rates if we moved in ... :p

Steve

We are about 3 miles downstream from the bridges [about 7 miles by road] and there are 3 or 4 overnight pitches at Silver Sands in Aberdour, roughly 1/2 way between us and the bridges, Kev

Steve
Very funny, Down stream depends on the time of day surely?

Very funny, Down stream depends on the time of day surely?
Dalgety Bay ish ?

Silver Sands in Aberdour, just looked on the Google map, we've stayed there a couple of time Steve a bit busy with doggers (the walking type) but quite nice once the rug rats head home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back