If you had the means, where

Driven around the area a few times, nice spot.

Driven around the area a few times, nice spot.
We are directly opposite Burntisland Links, Kev, with a lovely view to the Forth; except from 31/5 to 31/8 each year when the eyesore of the Summer Fair turns up and plays havoc with the on street parking and any sense of peace and quiet for 3 solid months ... Which is why we got back from Spain and France on 3rd May 2022 and left again for a couple of Rallies and then France on 31st May, returning on 3rd September! Bless Elaine's Irish Passport for the ability to spend around 117 days abroad in those 6 months!

Steve

I’m on a hill overlooking the airport can see the planes land and take off there’s a main train station 10 minutes walk the M8 motorway is about 7minutes away I can see the Erskine bridge from my back garden and we have a golf course to the back I can just about see the peer jetty where the shite boat comes to collect all the crap from the sewerage plant next to it.😂😂😂 I was selling it to myself until I remembered the shite boat.

I’m on a hill overlooking the airport can see the planes land and take off there’s a main train station 10 minutes walk the M8 motorway is about 7minutes away I can see the Erskine bridge from my back garden and we have a golf course to the back I can just about see the peer jetty where the shite boat comes to collect all the crap from the sewerage plant next to it.😂😂😂 I was selling it to myself until I remembered the shite boat.
Wully, you are located at an ideal spot. To add to your above post, you are soooooooooooo handy for touring north and south of our west coast. Also handy for the Golden Jubilee if and when your knees and eyes pack in............... :giggle: :oops::unsure::cool:

I have been spoiled for choice.

Barbados, Union Island or anywhere in the Grenadines.

Kariba in Rhodesia overlooking the Lake and Dam, or Vic Falls.

Umhlanga Rocks just outside Durban, South Africa.

All that is behind me now, so I will settle for Gateshead with my family close by. ;)

We use to do Florida for xmas and new year, Haines City, Southern Dunes gated golf complex. A couple of times we drove down and stopped at Key West. Marathon is lovely, has an airport too, albeit a small one.

You access the keys at Key Largo, then you have the unique drive down to Key West, any Florida Key would do us.

Last edited:
We are directly opposite Burntisland Links, Kev, with a lovely view to the Forth; except from 31/5 to 31/8 each year when the eyesore of the Summer Fair turns up and plays havoc with the on street parking and any sense of peace and quiet for 3 solid months ... Which is why we got back from Spain and France on 3rd May 2022 and left again for a couple of Rallies and then France on 31st May, returning on 3rd September! Bless Elaine's Irish Passport for the ability to spend around 117 days abroad in those 6 months!

Steve
Does that put you in the Bearsden area, Wully? We lived in Bearsden when I first moved to Scotland in October 1999

Steve

Burnt island, Bears den, where do these names originate?

No not Bearsden I’m just up the rd a bit behind Clydebank but all my victims sorry I mean customers live in bearsden.😂😂😜

Nice one K, not heard from you in ages, how are you?

Odd nothing there on either???

Very odd, Thanks :) :)

Grr ... I gave up replying as the typing was bouncing all over. Didn't realise I had posted garbage! And no alcohol was involved!!! Anyway seems to behaving now ...

We're good. Installed in a rental house near Chania Crete. Views of bay and mountains. Normally by now, these are covered in a blanket of snow but it's been so mild. I was sat out after a walk today in T-shirt. J has recovered really well from his heart bypass October 21. Back to running ... not bad at 75!!!

I flew back to UK for my daughter's MA graduation on 09.01 for 9 nights. Really struggled with the cold and lack of daylight. Gone soft!

Just starting to plan our spring / summer back to the UK. Will pick up van for a 4 month trip (both on Irish passports now .. yay) to Poland, Lat, Est, Lith. So looking forward to touring again.

Will aim to attend at least one meet.
Kxxc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back