If you Suddenly had to Stop Motorhoming ?

Lidl frozen.
You can sometimes buy dried peas.. Not in Lidl and Aldi, though.
Soaked and salted, with some bicarb, the become nice and mushy.

Don't know where I'd want to settle. Since I was forced to leave the family business many years ago, & then didn't receive the house I was promised on the family farm, nowhere I've ever lived since has felt like home. The only time I ever felt really comfortable was in my truck when I was driving for various companies doing nationwide deliveries. Since DVLA pulled my HGV due to disputed medical issues, & now being a single parent with health issues I am stuck here in limbo. Nice enough area & I'm glad to not have to live in some ghetto full of life's misfits, but my heart belongs on the road & as soon as circumstances allow that's where I hope to spend the rest of my days hopefully....

September to May. Portugal, or until it got too hot.
June, July, August, rural France.
In hope, more than expectation. Freedom to travel into Europe could be very different after January 2021.
Like everyone else, this virus has queered all my Euro plans for, what could be our last year of Euro freedom.

After reading through the above for spelling mistakes, it could be taken as depressive. No. Not at all. Perhaps I should have put the word “HOPE” in capitals.
Stay safe.
Edit. No mention of Northampton. Now, that would be depressive . I’ll be there by Tuesday. So looking forward to that,🤬
Seeing Nic again, being the only exception
Summer in Portugal..?
Away from the resorts, life goes on as normal.
We used to leave early May, to escape the heat. We were warned that there would be problems with insulin.

Jenny got shingles, we had to stay and get rid of the van.

It was no problem, the heat. We just bought an extra parasol and lived outdoors. The nights were no problem, except for the odd mozzie.
Now we're back on the road, again, but a car, if it gets too hot, we'll head up north..
We've still got s lot of exploring to do, on our way back for a month in Blighty..
If we're allowed to travel.

Summer in Portugal..?
Away from the resorts, life goes on as normal.
We used to leave early May, to escape the heat. We were warned that there would be problems with insulin.

Jenny got shingles, we had to stay and get rid of the van.

It was no problem, the heat. We just bought an extra parasol and lived outdoors. The nights were no problem, except for the odd mozzie.
Now we're back on the road, again, but a car, if it gets too hot, we'll head up north..
We've still got s lot of exploring to do, on our way back for a month in Blighty..
If we're allowed to travel.
Don't forget Paul, there's always a bed for you both here in Glossop-on-sea

There’s lots of quiet remote craggy rural spots I can think of where I’d like to be, but I think we’ve run aground permanently in the Peak District. If we had to stop motorhoming then I wouldn’t expect by then to be in any fit state to move anywhere. Besides it’s a nice place, only thing I miss here is the sea...we couldn’t be much further from it here.

There’s lots of quiet remote craggy rural spots I can think of where I’d like to be, but I think we’ve run aground permanently in the Peak District. If we had to stop motorhoming then I wouldn’t expect by then to be in any fit state to move anywhere. Besides it’s a nice place, only thing I miss here is the sea...we couldn’t be much further from it here.
Watch out for the drones. Apparently, there's a lot of it about. Not sure what the treatment is. Possibly Anasol, or is that for piles?

Don't forget Paul, there's always a bed for you both here in Glossop-on-sea
Cheers !
If we ever manage to get back, Peter, we'll arrange a get together.

normally get itchy feet after about 4 days in any one place away from home the cassette normally motivates us to move on, but after almost 3 weeks in lockdown at Pomarao portugal i could certainly see myself settled there would have to get myself some form of boat though,

I know I said I was in the army. Said nothing about being able to shoot straight. Probably safer standing directly in front of me 🙄

Agreed........... I was only talking to my coronary consultant last week (she is a [drop dead gorgeous] Italian who has old parents over in Northern Italy and is as such exceptionally worried)................ but that aside, in our lengthy chat I told her I was in the process of drawing up some very detailed plans for an Italian tour which will take in as much of the very lengthy coastline as possible which I said I was hoping to start in the later months of this year, to which she responded that I ought to delay my departure by at least 12 months as she felt her Country would take a very long time to overcome their grief.
Glad we did our 7 week tour September/Octobe 19.

You can still travel without a motorhome, we used to go all over renting cottages before we got ours, before that trailer tent, caravan or tent. If you cant drive you can still get trains/coaches so no need not to travel unless you no longer want to
try a caravan, on the back of some bodies, motor home, for free,ok go for it,ok pj

Aye you can put off a once-in-4-years event for a year but you couldnt have two TDF's next year... could you 🤔
K ;)
oh yes you can,you are at the cross,roads,to the left,or maybe to hell and back.that is the question. ok go for it.ok pj.

That is a good question and one that no doubt we will all have to face at some point in our lives.

As for me/us, well I/we hope to be using 'Millie' for many years yet, but having said that we are a couple who have always moved house a lot, for instance since returning to live in the UK in 2014 we are living in our third house since our return and that one has just gone on the market and all 3 of them were in some ways the most idyllic, however, with the exception of the 1st one in remotest Wales, they simply haven't ticked all our must have boxes.

As for the one in Wales, it was a gorgeous timber framed barn conversion that had a very large garden (2 acres), no neighbours and totally uninterrupted views to the Kerry Ridgeway some 4 miles away. We would be still there now if it hadn't been for all 14 named storms of the 15/16 winter being southerlies that caused the entire triple glazed 2 story gable end to flex and the Welsh slate roof to flutter which proved to be a tad unnerving!!

Where are we hoping to move to next, gaud knows because after over 4 years of searching nothing has come up which ticks all our must have boxes.
try china,youve been to the land of our father, let us not get to excited , try some think, diffaronce. fly me to the moon. ok.pj vee vala wales.huo huo
ok.pj

Where, out of all the places you've visited, would you choose to live... And why ?
I would probably choose Northumberland, spent six wonderful years there at the University and loved every minute. Sadly there were no jobs there at the time. Friendly and welcoming people, not too crowded and a wide variety of countryside. Food good too. Revisited two years ago with my husband who loved it too but found the dialect difficult at times!!!! We live in Suffolk which is beautiful but I still miss the hills!

Worth living there, if only for the delicious Corned beef pies.
Great Motorhoming country, too.
But the weather is sometimes less than perfect.?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back