Importing food into the EU

Result!

I think they don't mind a small amount of dairy tbf

Also I think you can get vegan quorn too

Quorn say on their website that some of their products contain eggs and milk, so an eagle eyed Border/nuitritionist guard might spot that and confiscate it and present you with a fine too. Best check the ingredients, or as you say buy the vegan version.

Personally, I'll have a good breakfast on board the ferry and then head for a Carrefour and buy some decent sausages and eggs.

Quorn say on their website that some of their products contain eggs and milk, so an eagle eyed Border/nuitritionist guard might spot that and confiscate it and present you with a fine too. Best check the ingredients, or as you say buy the vegan version.

Personally, I'll have a good breakfast on board the ferry and then head for a Carrefour and buy some decent sausages and eggs.

Eggs are allowed in anyway to the EU, so no problem there...

Standard quorn mince doesn't contain any milk/milk products as far as I can see on the ingredients list.

We go by tunnel so no breakfast option when on board. We do however have a coffee in the MH and , if its our January trip, enjoy a piece of Xmas cake :)

Eggs are allowed in anyway to the EU, so no problem there...

Standard quorn mince doesn't contain any milk/milk products as far as I can see on the ingredients list.

We go by tunnel so no breakfast option when on board. We do however have a coffee in the MH and , if its our January trip, enjoy a piece of Xmas cake :)
You're right of course; we were discussing omelettes a few pages back.

mmmm...Im partial to an omelette
lick.gif

…………..And, since the regulation is about bringing food into the EU, not about taking it out of the UK then there is nothing to stop you taking your own food onto the ferry - provided you eat it before you disembark. :)
You pass through border and passport control before boarding the ferry, so your smuggled goods could be found before you get on the ferry…..

Reactions: GMJ
You pass through border and passport control before boarding the ferry, so your smuggled goods could be found before you get on the ferry…..
True - I must have had a brain freeze when I wrote that :) But I stick to the main point that you can either eat before you get on the ferry, eat on the ferry or go to a supermarket when you arrive and get everything you need. The "problem" of not being able to take certain food products into the EU is just not a problem as far as I am concerned.

I'm not sure that's right, but correct me if I'm wrong. Why would UK Border Control be concerned about what you're taking to the EU? Their job surely is to ensure you're not taking anything out which is disallowed by the UK and therefore illegal, such as drugs, people, firearms etc. I don't think EU BC will be concerned if you try to take in excess of your UK alcohol allowance back to the UK. UK BC will be concerned when you arrive back.

If you are going to eat it on the ferry it would be best to take it with you to your cabin as you are not allowed back down while the boat is underway and I wouldn't fancy forcing down the contraband while sitting in the van waiting to disembark - unless you are going to turn into foie gras.

I'm not sure that's right, but correct me if I'm wrong. Why would UK Border Control be concerned about what you're taking to the EU? Their job surely is to ensure you're not taking anything out which is disallowed by the UK and therefore illegal, such as drugs, people, firearms etc. I don't think EU BC will be concerned if you try to take in excess of your UK alcohol allowance back to the UK. UK BC will be concerned when you arrive back.

If you are going to eat it on the ferry it would be best to take it with you to your cabin as you are not allowed back down while the boat is underway and I wouldn't fancy forcing down the contraband while sitting in the van waiting to disembark - unless you are going to turn into foie gras.
It will be the French Border Control staff based in Dover, that might be interested in what you are carrying. Likewise, the U.K. border control based in Calais may be checking your allowances as you leave the E.U.

It will be the French Border Control staff based in Dover, that might be interested in what you are carrying. Likewise, the U.K. border control based in Calais may be checking your allowances as you leave the E.U.
That assumes routeing through Dover-Calais.

I think TJBi is right. There are special arrangement at Calais/Dover due to the illegal migrant issue.

Of course, the safest thing is to obey the regulations.

We are an island so should be easier to protect ourselves. Let’s do the same as Oz and NZ do and clamp down. If you want food and drink buy it where you are going. No more Yorkshire tea bags 😭😭😭 what about my coffee mate 😭😭😭
I am sure we will all survive 😂
You can buy coffee mate in any Asian shop, don't know why but you can LOL It is called Completa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back