Internet Forums

We could do with some input from other members who have heard of this dangerous method of theft.
I should be safe from such attacks as I have LPG gas alarms, smoke detectors, CO alarms and a canary in a cage.

Edina;n16425 said:
We could do with some input from other members who have heard of this dangerous method of theft.
I should be safe from such attacks as I have LPG gas alarms, smoke detectors, CO alarms and a canary in a cage.

Nobody is safe, Chris. The gas used is said to be undetectable by both new and old technologies. Perhaps we should stay at home until more is known?

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

I think I'll leave all the windows open, then the gas will escape before we succumb to it's dreaded soporific effects

One of my farts will see them off Liz reckons :D :D :D

I do wish these smileys would work, I was told they will by the boss.

PB, if you use the icon to the right of the capital A there are loads of icons you can use :wink::smile::Smiling_Face_Emoji::Smiling_Emoji_with_:Hungry_Face_Emoji:

Yes, I know, but I never can be bothered with those, I know all the keyboard shortcuts to the ones I use, and they should now work,I asked the boss via email about a couple of things I wasn't sure of, his exact words were "I will add the smilie shortcodes." I guess the man is busy what with it being Christmas, but this was on the 17th, no rush, I'll carry on as if they work for now

Pudsey Bear;n16431 said:
Yes, I know, but I never can be bothered with those, I know all the keyboard shortcuts to the ones I use, and they should now work,I asked the boss via email about a couple of things I wasn't sure of, his exact words were "I will add the smilie shortcodes." I guess the man is busy what with it being Christmas, but this was on the 17th, no rush, I'll carry on as if they work for now

I think everyone recognises them anyway. I also think you're right, Phil has got a lot going on at the moment, but if he says he is going add the codes I'm sure he will. :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Edina;n16427 said:
I think I'll leave all the windows open, then the gas will escape before we succumb to it's dreaded soporific effects

Just recently I've been too tired to even contemplate the use of the word soporific.
Leaving the windows open may not be sufficient, Chris. In the interest of your safety I'm thinking it would be prudent to leave the doors open too.

Colin ???

Full Member;n16444 said:
Just recently I've been too tired to even contemplate the use of the word soporific.
Leaving the windows open may not be sufficient, Chris. In the interest of your safety I'm thinking it would be prudent to leave the doors open too.

Colin ???

Ah blow it, I'll sleep outside, then I should hear them wheeling their gas tanker up to my bus.
I would like you to know that I'm most grateful for your obviously expert advice and hopefully I can now spend my nights stress free.
It would be good to think that other members have benefited from this information packed thread. :wink:

Edina;n16448 said:
Ah blow it, I'll sleep outside, then I should hear them wheeling their gas tanker up to my bus.
I would like you to know that I'm most grateful for your obviously expert advice and hopefully I can now spend my nights stress free.
It would be good to think that other members have benefited from this information packed thread. :wink:

I certainly share your view on the quality of this thread, Chris. Similarly I trust that others will follow your excellent suggestion and spend the night outside effectively sleeping guard over their Moho and loved ones. You set a fine example that the rest of us can only aspire to.

Do please also bear in mind my warning at the end of post #20. There are rogues and there are rogues.

Colin ???

2cv;n16454 said:
I find that leaving windows and doors open, or even sleeping outside, presents something of a security risk. Best to invest in some technology to fight the threat https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/...Y3hColJZ7k3mcmE933PeqLzlx3VGKhHRoC2PEQAvD_BwE

That is an excellent idea, 2cv. At last we have somebody coming up with practical ways in which we can thwart these rascals.
I assume that this is night time attire suited for use in the bedroom and made of latex rubber? It will undoubtedly appeal to many of those viewing and posting here.

Colin ???

Full Member;n16462 said:
That is an excellent idea, 2cv. At last we have somebody coming up with practical ways in which we can thwart these rascals.
I assume that this is night time attire suited for use in the bedroom and made of latex rubber? It will undoubtedly appeal to many of those viewing and posting here.

Colin ???

Latex nightwear would of course provide additional protection in the event of chemical attack. https://www.catalystlatex.com/nightwear An additional benefit of course would be that having been pursued by a camper in this attire the miscreant is unlikely ever to attempt such a crime again!

2cv;n16476 said:
Latex nightwear would of course provide additional protection in the event of chemical attack. https://www.catalystlatex.com/nightwear An additional benefit of course would be that having been pursued by a camper in this attire the miscreant is unlikely ever to attempt such a crime again!

I can see where you're coming from, 2cv, but it's not exactly what I had in mind.
On the other hand I'm an open minded sort of Moho-er so each to their own.

Others must be as concerned about the dangers of 'gassing' as we three.
I'm hoping that they will give us the benefit of their experiences and share their concerns.

Colin ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back