Is Wild Camping safe in Spain?

Thanks Shonly!
I had 5 weeks in Spain touring around and had no problems. Everyone friendly and laid back - not like the Brits! Did a mix of wilding and sites to eake out the gas. will do it again , but wont do the Santander crossing with the dogs in kennels - not nice for them and too expensive. will drive through france next time.

We parked for a night on the seaside in Javea, inadvertently right next to one of the "No Motorhomes" signs. The police drove by several times and completely ignored us. That was early April though, hardly high season.
Yes I found the Spanish very laid back about rules too, thank goodness! I parked on Worthing seafront for a weekend whilst visiting friends - when I got back to the van I had 3 tickets! I appealed and lost

there are lots of solo travellers here and on Wildcamping with overseas trips under their belts and many of them are women alone here. Also, if you're on Facebook, there are solo motorhomer groups whose members exchange info and often meet up to travel together overseas.
Very helpful thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back