Keeping children under control at meets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will never see me at any kind of meet simply because I can't stand children.............. grumpy ancient old thing that I am !!

I normally will only ever go to adult only CL type sites and if there is another outfit there, in my mind it is crowded!

Whippets ?
Roasted Casseroled or Stewed ?
Or Whippets A La Tetleys (beer not tea)
Or Whippet Pie (A La Pigeon)
Not much meat on them 2 or 3 needed

You will never see me at any kind of meet simply because I can't stand children.............. grumpy ancient old thing that I am !!

I normally will only ever go to adult only CL type sites and if there is another outfit there, in my mind it is crowded!
I can’t stand people of any sort near me, that’s why I’ve got the MH to keep myself to myself. Ideally I’d never travel when the kids are on their holidays but as my wife only gets those weeks off I’ve got to put up and shut up - for now.

Pinch the kid's iPads and phones.
Superglue them to a tree .
That's the way to keep 'em occupied and quiet.
better still super glue the kids to a tree - or it that what you meant !

Having had a think and looking at the pics, i don't think a child would have the strength to cause that damage, Annabella said she saw someone with a golf club, further up the field. Could have easily given the golf ball that was found nearby a good wallop.
However it happened, if it was mine, I would be sick too. Glad you've got Paul to help out Sue.

That is pretty significant damage I would say and I would be mightily peed off if it happened to me :(
I would think a golf ball is much more likely to be the culprit as you suspect, rather than a tennis ball.

Problem is people who let their kids run feral are usually people who ignore requests to keep them under any controls (I've had an inflatable chair wrecked by kids who used it as a bouncy castle while their parents stood by)

I'm thinking maybe extend the use of my wild animal cage .....

Prison Pony
by David, on Flickr
Keep a large dog, call it Satan ...

The damage is unfortunate and I guess we'll never know for sure quite what caused it so can only speculate. It does seem to have been caused by quite a forceful impact as the circular stress marks show. I doubt that a golf ball would have made those linear scratch marks in that very spot, maybe more by a glancing blow from something though they do show the direction of impact unless they were already there but maybe that's too coincidental?
There's no point in pointing the finger of blame at any individual group whether golfers, kids or anyone unless you saw it happen. That's where cctv comes in handy. ?
Campsites would be better places if all kids were put on leads so that they can't stray beyond their own pitch. ?

THIS POST IS NOT AIMED AT ANY MEMBER - IT IS A GENERAL STATEMENT

Patience, tolerance, love and understanding.

These are the tools I use to run this community. Without them, we would just have a group of selfish people only interested in their own best interests. Believe me, they are plenty of groups like that and they only attract similar people.

We could stop children from running free and experiencing nature, but let us not forget we were all children once and benefited from the tolerance and patience of others.

We could ban music, campfires, alcohol, children, dogs, generators and other things because a few people don't like them. But we don't need to because there are plenty of other groups/rallies available to them.

All I can say is that if our rallies are not for you then please don't attend.

It is time to draw this thread to a close as I cannot see any positive reason to leave it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back