Keys

Just remembered, our second key was a flip type just the same as the fully enabled one but lacking the transponder. Our local fella just putin a new transponder and key the programmed it up.

Cheers

H

Over in France recently, the worry of losing keys and having the spare in the UK was on our minds. Until I came up with a "safe" plan. I'd like share this idea, but definitely not publicly.

We go for the simple option. Take both sets of keys with us, and each take a set when we go out. Documents and valuables come with us, and we lock the Van when it is unattended, even if we are just dumping the cassette and/or topping up the fresh water. If anyone breaks in, they can pinch the contents of the fridge, but if they're desperate enough to need the remains of a limp lettuce, a squashy cucmber and 3 mushrooms of dubious vintage, good luck to them ...

Steve

Keys stay on halyards we both carry clipped to our belts. Docs and valuables are either with us or hidden in a few secret voids in the van. Van is never left unlocked and window screens are always up and front curtains closed when we are not in it. Removable steering wheel is padlocked to the seat base out of sight. We also have the ability to mechanically bolt/lock all 3 doors from the inside to prevent them being forced open.
The van is almost 20 years old so I don't imagine it's top of the shopping list for any thieving scrotes around, plus they would find it difficult to drive away without the steering wheel?
Jeremy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back