Late May Bank Holiday Weekend.... Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, May 27th Until June 1st 2021

Late May Bank Holiday Weekend.... Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, May 27th Until June 1st 2021
Posted by jeffmossy
Littleborough Rugby Club , Hollingworth Lake , Rakewood ,Littleborough
Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 10:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Big vans will be going on hard standing until the ground dries, hopefully Friday, then we will go on the fiel
Hi Jeff, sorry but Meduck & Lovelace will have to cancel as I've come down with a streaming cold. Hope the site dries out for you all, see you in August. Linda x

Morning Jeff, fingers crossed that the situation is improving there this morning.
We are going to start making our way over there, probably arriving about 1.30pm, but if things are still difficult and there is no room for us we will go and ‘wild’ somewhere, and try again Friday afternoon.

Things are improving slowly, and the weather looks to be improving also we have got the tractor driver with us until just after lunch and hoping to get vans up to 3 tonnes onto the field, I might even try my van later this morning, fingers crossed

I'm obviously going to be perhaps the one and only wuss cancelling because of the field. Looking at weather forecast think I'd need towing on let alone off so sorry to miss you all yet again. In addition I have a not so well Grandchild I'm somewhat concerned about.
Hope it dries up for you all and I'm sure the meet will be a great one. Enjoy

Hi we would now like to rebook if possible for this weekend but from tomorrow

Just caught up with the conversation, we would also need hardstanding

Last edited:
Think I’d like to be on the hard standing section if there’s room. Shame this has happened Im Looking forward to this one. Jeff even if there’s a piece of hard standing that’s on a slope I’ll be ok I can use my levellers. Think I might get down about 6 7. I’ll help move vans push shove get dirty if needed.

The field has now dried out enough to park vans however for the time being we are putting large heavy vans on hard standing

Don't know if this helps, or whether I'll be allowed to. But I'm turning up Saturday morning and I spent 11 years farming and can obviously drive a tractor with my eyes shut ( not literally ) as I said possibly dew to insurance not allowed to, but the offers they.
See you Saturday 👍

Don't know if this helps, or whether I'll be allowed to. But I'm turning up Saturday morning and I spent 11 years farming and can obviously drive a tractor with my eyes shut ( not literally ) as I said possibly dew to insurance not allowed to, but the offers they.
See you Saturday 👍
Thanks for the offer but all is well here now, we have got vans on the field without issues. See you Saturday

My post has gone walkabout------why???? I only said that it was nice to meet up with everyone, ah well !!

Thank you Jeff and Lorraine, Phil and the other volunteers who made everything run smoothly, it was a great meet and to be able to catch up with some regulars and some we haven't met before.

Shame we could only do 3 days due to Gaga and Nana duties today. Well done with the quiz too, great fun. A special mention to Wully, that smoked beef brisket was fab, you need to do a full hog roast at the next meet. Hope to see you all at the Drum meet. X

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back