LEISURE BATTERY

Interesting post, I was at the Whittingham meet last week, when I realised that my leisure power was way down too quickly after being on EHU at home and also full charge with smart charger,
After Dave ( Ditcha ) kindly used his battery tester, we found one of the two leisure batteries supplied by Alpha ( who came highly recommended by fellow club members, was fine with a perfect reading, the other was way down,
As we were close to Rochdale, I took the van over to Alpha for them to investigate, they tested exactly as Dave had, with exactly the same results, then with no messing about or inquisition, produced a brand new battery, fitted it for me and sent me on my way . . A very happy impressed customer !!,
Would recommend Alpha to anyone and everyone for quality, price, delivery ( next day for original 2 batteries to my pal Bob, who originally recommend them to me!, in Yorkshire), and, of course for the excellent service provided to me.

There will be a space somewhere, they do not have to be aside each other, mine has one in the front footwell and second one down the back beside the fridge, a heavy-duty battery cable links them up, and what about a folding panel to put up at the windshield when parked facing the sun
Believe me, there isn’t 😊

Two tyre levers and some vaseline. 😂
'Won't that hurt?'
'Not if you keep your thumbs out of the way ...' as the old joke almost finished off. And another; I get confused by the difference between putty and Vaseline, and last week 3 of my windows fell out; this week, my haemorroids started playing up ... :D

Steve

Last edited:
Carrol Consider energy expedition plus lead carbon , they can be discharged deeper than lead acid and have 1500 charge cycles not the usual 250..only problem is they are a bit heavyer and more expensive . I have one and Jenny M has has 2 ,

Carrol Consider energy expedition plus lead carbon , they can be discharged deeper than lead acid and have 1500 charge cycles not the usual 250..only problem is they are a bit heavyer and more expensive . I have one and Jenny M has has 2 ,

That is a good call. A key advantage Lead Carbon has over standard Lead Acid is it is ok being left in a Partial State of Charge (PSOC) without harm. Usually a Lead Acid battery should be fully recharged ASAP after use to avoid ongoing damage, and I have zero doubt the battery in this thread has very rarely ever been recharged fully.

UPDATE
Well I took up Marchie’s suggestion and bought some rubber ramping which I covered with sticky hazard tape and although I say it myself it looked quite professional - I even considered wearing a high viz and hard hat going in and out of the van! I had it on charge for 24 hours and the leisure battery read at 13.5 on my plug in voltmeter. Switched on the heating WHICH WORKED, ALLELUJAH and reading went down to 12.5. Obviously I took it off the mains to do this.
My question is, what now? I’ve put it back on charge but how can I determine whether the battery is still viable?
I contacted Alpha to ask if I could come over and if they would test the battery for me, remembering that it’s still in warranty. Initially they said yes but then declined when I said it would mean removing the seat for access. They also said they do not fit batteries, only sales. However. After reading a comment on my thread where someone had gone to them, had a faulty battery tested, replaced and sent on their way, I reminded them of this. They then said to get in touch again when another worker would be back. I’m dubious as to what to expect from them as they’ve never acknowledged that the battery could be at fault and it’s an hour’s drive to Rochdale.
Your advice will be much appreciated.

For the great advice here on a PLATE there is never a CHARGE, must be the ACID test of good folk, or so I have been LEAD to believe. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back