Major lighting issue.

The electrics at the bottom of the B pillar is the converters socket. It contains connectors for things like extension for rear speakers and a 50amp 12v feed from the vehicle battery.
And normally include fuses for the additional marker lights and road lights

He has found a small box inside the drivers door pillar that has fuses and relays, all on a PCB, . Any help would be appreciated.
The relay and fuses for my side marker lights where fed from there and where positioned the rear facing side of that pillar just below floor level (in the van not underneath)

Still cannot find the problem. Here are photos of the box. No idea what the symbols are on the cover. Convinced it is here where the problem lies. Will try to get a new one but the numbers don't flag up on the internet. Has anyone come across this item before. All fuses are ok and the relays click when the light switch is operated. Nothing output hence replacement. In the meantime, electrician is rigging a relay just to power the lights for the MOT.20210728_115532.jpg20210728_115540.jpg20210728_115551.jpg20210728_115656.jpg

Now you've posted pictures of the control box the Italian writing does point to it being a Fiat original item.
Presumably when you pulled the 'other's lighting fuse you lost the rest of the lights.
With hindsight you might have been able to swap demand side plugs to prove that it was an internal relay fault.
Hope the new unit does the trick 🤞

Found it. It's a CBE SRX250. £46.00. Ordered. Hopefully that will fix everything. Thanks everyone.
Did this actually fix your problem? Sorry to reply a year late, but I've also got a problem with the van not detecting D+ voltage from the alternator, and I suspect it may be that part that's at fault.

The above is I believe is the small board with relays. It is the connection between the Fiat cab and the habitation side. Very basic and then the converter takes over. The click you hear must be the light relay. Where the signal goes after that is anyone's guess. Without a wiring diagram for the vehicle you are wandering round in the dark.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back