Mass Gatherings causing Spike in CV19 Cases?

i am bitter about the lockdown returning because my son lives and works within the area marked out as does his ex partner and my grandson , but when you have the mayor visiting his girlfriend during lockdown setting an example, a major religious festival a month ago , and 2 weeks ago a huge BLM protest not really surprising that it’s not gone away ,

Its not only CV19 , maybe down to same reasons as TB
Leicester City has the highest incidence rate of TB in the East Midlands at 56/100,000 in 2012. The incidence rate in Leicestershire County and Rutland is very low at 5/100,000

During the 1990s cases of TB began to rise and TB re-emerged as a public health problem. This was predominantly as a result of increased immigration of people from countries where TB is common, but also due to the ageing of the established migrant population whose undiagnosed latent TB developed into active disease.

Some ethnic minority population groups have much higher incidence of TB than others due to previous residence, and frequent travel to countries with higher prevalence of TB. Irrespective of ethnicity

Look to the food processing plant in Germany, where the virus has spike with the workers working, eating, sleeping within close proximity of each other, the accommodation blocks the employer provides are in total lockdown, and these folks were not demonstrating.
That's just people trying to get on with their lives trying to make a living. Not like these selfish people demonstrating who can't see the big picture . Shame on them.

Let me first say that I do understand and agree with the danger of mass gatherings etc.

But...

We have seen some really extreme examples recently what with BLM protests, beach invasions, and street parties etc.

What I haven’t seen, unless I’ve missed it, are any news items linking specific example of CV19 case spikes with any of these events.

To be sure we’ve heard the condemnation and the predictions of the dire consequences, but not any actual evidential links.

Now, as I said at the start of my post, I’m not trying to suggest that there is no risk, or to undermine the notion.

I just would have thought that the direct consequences of these gatherings, either good or bad, would have been reported to strengthen or weaken the argument either way.

Phill
Most would not listen or heed any predictions or examples published, The Virus is out there , it is non selective we are all at risk of succumbing to it , make no mistake, it can take several weeks from infection to symptoms becoming obvious and life threatening , so how would [ THEY ?] know where the infection happened, so it is down to the individual to make sure they are as safe as possible, I am fed up with people [ not you !!!] blaming [THEM } for not doing this or that to protect us, it is our own responsibility to make sure we do not put ourselves in dangerous places ie mass gatherings , pubs when they open etc, common sense [rare these days] should tell us to keep away from others who may well be infected but not yet know it, Rant over .

We are being slowly released from lockdown. Why .
Herd immunity is the only way now. And hospitals are fully ready with thousands of beds and ppe and ventilation machines. If needed .
Slow release is happening so the nhs is not over stretched.
Mass gathering will over load the system.
Beds yes, staff no!

One newspaper is reporting 36 more local authorities with a confirmed increase in cases. It’s the Daily Mirror, so may not be entirely factual.....:unsure:
And people were thinking everything is back to normal and they can start foreign travel again.
I’m keeping the mask on my van.......

Did anyone see the Leicester clothes factory on the news last night. I couldn’t believe it was the UK, I thought I was watching work practices from China or India.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back