Motorhome delivery austria-France

I fear You'll have to at least double the offer to get anyone to travel from the UK to Austria then drive You in Your van to Brittany and be unable to socially distance for the journey then return home even if You fiddle their Quarantine Exemption and get away with it it'll take at least a week

I fear You'll have to at least double the offer to get anyone to travel from the UK to Austria then drive You in Your van to Brittany and be unable to socially distance for the journey then return home even if You fiddle their Quarantine Exemption and get away with it it'll take at least a week
I looked in to it you can get out to Austria ok but getting back not so easy Ferrys not doing walk on passengers the only way is to hire a car to get to Paris then a plane to Exeter for me, Also the thought of clutch going and getting stuck out there was a big no no

I looked in to it you can get out to Austria ok but getting back not so easy Ferrys not doing walk on passengers the only way is to hire a car to get to Paris then a plane to Exeter for me, Also the thought of clutch going and getting stuck out there was a big no no
Thanks mate, I’ll look into it. Really kind your reply,

Pushing out late tomorrow, will
Send some pics, let you know how far I get. Thanks all , stay safe and some trip
Pics to come. Have a great ore chistmas all. Rob xx

Hope your foot is getting better and that traffic flows well enough to not strain it again on the clutch.
A few hours a day for a few days should get you to Normandy soon enough to get the clutch done by xmas.
Season's greetings.

Take it easy and maybe stop & put your foot up every hour
Distance say 850 miles good roads (pay the french tolls ! to avoid gear changing)
So actual driving 17 hour @50 mph
allow 20 hours say 4 hours a day driving time (plus rests at least 1 hour a day)
Thus 5 days ..maybe 4 days
Try to set off at first light etc etc
Never thought I would advise someone to pay French tolls !!!!!!
There maybe less traffic than normal

I hear a lot of people are being pulled over in France at the big capitals, but hard to say your not on vacation when in a holiday van. Things getting VERY strict now in Germany and France. Thanks for your kind advice 👍

-penny13- it is not very fair you stating I’m a male, and that if I was a lady I would be treated non accordingly. Thus claiming it’s my own fault I had a injury , is my fault ? I was reaching out to the community and this very professional forum for some ideas. The support and kind welcoming here has been fantastic, several people have helped me out as a newbie and it’s great that there is such as strong motorhome community. My intention is not to ask too much but to contribute. I’m sorry but your reply is RUDE!
Whoops sorry my meaning was when your a damsel in distress all the men come running ;)
Sorry it came across wrong I really do hope you get sorted out.
Im
Very sorry any mis communication .

I am
In the wrong and im

Sorry. Please forgive me.

sorry penny, just so stressed trying to move my campers home, again so sorry.
I have only just seen this and I apologies as well, my joke was that if your a damsel in distress the boys come running !!! But under stress and pain I understand that it could be misunderstood, articulation is not my best forte. I really do hope things get sorted for you. Penny

ThAnks penny, trip pics to follow. Stay safe and well. Sorry if I sounded upset. You take care.

heading out tomorrow at 7pm : departure. I would like to once again say sorry. We are all a community. Stay safe and happy motoring

Last edited:
I am a bit late to this but as someone who has been on strong painkillers over 40 years while driving I thought I would comment.
Unless the doctor who prescribed the medication told you not to drive insurance is not a problem so long as you abide by what the medication says. It is normally something like, If you feel drowsy do not operate machinery or drive.
Meds normally have greatest narcotic affect soon after taking, if you can wait a couple of hours after driving it should help. If you do feel they are affecting you then its simple, dont drive at all :)

Reactions: Rec
I am a bit late to this but as someone who has been on strong painkillers over 40 years while driving I thought I would comment.
Unless the doctor who prescribed the medication told you not to drive insurance is not a problem so long as you abide by what the medication says. It is normally something like, If you feel drowsy do not operate machinery or drive.
Meds normally have greatest narcotic affect soon after taking, if you can wait a couple of hours after driving it should help. If you do feel they are affecting you then its simple, dont drive at all :)
Great advise. They have changed the type. I hope it helps. Have a great Christmas nabism, 👍

Almost there after a grueling day on the road. 14 hours to be exact , but I only drive half of them

722FED51-9A69-403D-A91F-643ED37609A6.jpeg3C773DF7-ACF0-4A9C-9504-44504ECEEAD9.jpegD8A07A08-AD42-47B9-9E8B-D87221120E59.jpeg

Hope you are okay with latest lockdown, was it U.K. you were trying to get to? Looking like if you come in you won’t be getting out for a while

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back