Motorhome insurance

The laird

Rally Organiser

Anyone received a really good quote from an insurer,I'm getting stupid quotes imho

I have spoken to AIB today about my car insurance. Lovely chap could not get me a cheap quote but he told me that policies were allegedly increasing by just over 50% but in actual fact it was working out a lot more than that. Just another ripoff you could say but when you see the manner of UK driving nowadays, no wonder it is going up. :(

I was quoted £1400 at renewal through a broker shopped around and this company got me same cover for £440 annoying thing they were with the same underwriter Aviva. I big scam going on to see if you bite at the inflated renewal price.

My AIB renewal was 80% more than last year
Five minutes on the performance direct web site got down to about £10 more than last year.

Despite the change in the rules existing customers still seem fair game to get fleeced.

£453 for 11000 miles per annum. There wasn't a 12000 miles pa option, and choosing 'over 11000' gave a 'cannot quote' response, as did the 'Parked on Street' option. To get a quote, I had to use the address of the property that we are planning to buy ...

Basically, if all goes to plan [always a first time ...], we will leave here on 13th August and drive to France to complete the sale of the property by no later than 20th September, before returning to Scotland to buy the new property ...

I need to speak to Caravan Guard to explain, I think :ROFLMAO: At almost exactly £400 cheaper than AIB, it has to be worth a phone call ..

Steve

UPDATE: Caravan Guard annot provide cover, hardly surprising, but God loves a trier!

Last edited:
Our Safeguard one went up 70 quid or so which wasnt too bad given I had a claim for last year plus the general inflation going around on policies. They provide full UK/EU recovery, repatriation too. I shopped around but couldn't get close to their price.

In other news our home insurance wanted an extra £230 over last year's premium! Needless to say, they didn't get a renewal from me...

Mine went from £420 to £454 with scenic, 12,000 miles, 180 days in Europe, £39k value, £100 voluntary excess, £350 compulsory excess.

Shopped around and couldn't get close to that figure.
Twas a painful month as me car was also due 😂😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Car was £20 more expensive this year...👍
I set my calender to remind me 25 days before they are due to start the search, then set aside 21 days before as the day to search.

I've just been sent my renewal from Comfort insurance, it has gone up from £439.00 last year to £502.00, due in September, that covers up to 10,000 miles and a value of 60k. No breakdown insurance included as I already have it with Nationwide, I'm wondering if it has gone up as the wife is now 70, she has just renewed her C1 entitlement, but doesn't usually drive the motorhome, but I just think it's worth her been legal to drive it if i was to take ill.
Will get some quotes in the next few days from other providers to make sure it is still competitive.

Just received a quote from Caravan guard and have beaten comfort by £130 just need to check in the .morning the euro cover includes repatriation. I had caravan guard when I had the Burstner who gave a great quote but when I bought the Dethleffs it went through the roof so switched to AIB cover by Aviva. This year Aviva not available through AIB now Caravan Guard come out the best. Anyone remember when loyalty counted?

Just received a quote from Caravan guard and have beaten comfort by £130 just need to check in the .morning the euro cover includes repatriation. I had caravan guard when I had the Burstner who gave a great quote but when I bought the Dethleffs it went through the roof so switched to AIB cover by Aviva. This year Aviva not available through AIB now Caravan Guard come out the best. Anyone remember when loyalty counted?
I will certainly give them a try, thanks for the recommendation.

Your quote showed euro cover.

Back