Motorhome Servicing

Admin

Administator

Motorhome Servicing

Do you service your motorhome just based on mileage, or do you service it every year?

It gets an oil change whenever I can be arsed, maybe a couple of filters. This reminds me actually - I have a diesel filter I bought 9 months ago.....

Service every year, which I try to do myself,
age and health is making it harder,
but I enjoy it if I can do it myself, I get a sense of satisfaction

According to Fiat the service interval is every 2 years or 30k miles, when I was speaking to Fiat camper assist I did query this but was told this was correct, even with having the van standing for long periods.

Annually for me,great believer in ,look after it and it will look after you .inho.

I had a full service 2 years ago, a basic service last year and it's going in fort for a full service tomorrow. I feel better knowing the van's been checked before driving to Portugal in it. Also, if I have to call breakdown it's not for
something I could have prevented. What do people usually pay for a full service?

The base vehicle (Peugeot Boxer 2006) every 20000 as recommended in the manual and this by a Peugeot approved garage.
The 'spanner' service due advisory appears on the dash display every 12 months which I turn off using the method offered by a member of WC a couple of years ago. This because it irritates me.
The habitation area I do myself as part of on an ongoing fire fighting/when I have the inclination maintenance programme.

Colin ???

Omg I must be a belts and braces nutter I have a full service done every autumn/ winter at the moment I am having to find a new mechanic my garage that I have used for 45 yrs my new van does not fit, my old van Snoopy only just scraped through his doors and this van is 10" taller I have found one but not tried and tested them yet but they have a good reputation.

Full Member;n2757 said:
The base vehicle (Peugeot Boxer 2006) every 20000 as recommended in the manual and this by a Peugeot approved garage.
The 'spanner' service due advisory appears on the dash display every 12 months which I turn off using the method offered by a member of WC a couple of years ago. This because it irritates me.
The habitation area I do myself as part of on an ongoing fire fighting/when I have the inclination maintenance programme.

Colin ???

Care to share 'the method' Colin?

Campervanannie;n2768 said:
Omg I must be a belts and braces nutter I have a full service done every autumn/ winter at the moment I am having to find a new mechanic my garage that I have used for 45 yrs my new van does not fit, my old van Snoopy only just scraped through his doors and this van is 10" taller I have found one but not tried and tested them yet but they have a good reputation.

Who have you found, Annie? I've taken mine to Duncombe garage, near Lidl. They've just charged me £160'for a full service including a couple of jobs which included £80 labour. Sounds reasonable to me but I could be wrong!

It's one between Bradford and Brighouse been there a lot of years but I never noticed it it's a father and son team there were 5 huge MH in for servicing when I called in first impression nice people

I used to use a service agent, realised that the oil used was not the best. On a Fiat there is little to service, I now use top quality oil, my preference is Helix and premium quality filters, guess what I get an extra one mpg, based on six months driving.

Admin;n265 said:
Do you service your motorhome just based on mileage, or do you service it every year?

If you don't do your own servicing...........

Have your mot and then 6 months later have the service done, that way you get the vehicle checked twice a year.

:Bicycle::Bicycle::Bicycle:

it is serviced every year in February/march regardless of mileage & regardless of what the book says.
there are an awful lot of people with vehicles like campers or cars think because they don't put up the miles they leave it for longer.

how long could you go without food ?

an engine needs fresh oil & fresh filters.

tony

Last edited:
I have ours serviced in May each year ready for the big summer trip. I ended up needing a new clutch last year (£1,000, ouch!) but I was lucky because the old one would have failed while we were in France if we hadn't replaced it.

I live in a small town between Edinburgh and Falkirk and I usually pay about £150- £200 for a mechanical service and £150 for a habitation service.

teejay;n2784 said:
Care to share 'the method' Colin?

It goes like this on my Peugeot Boxer 2006 (courtesy of Slonger on WC website 19th April 2016).

Hope that works for others.

Colin (Smiley face, Smiley face, Smiley face)

Peugeot Spanner Warning.jpg

Last edited:
Annually ... engine and hab services are included for 3 years with the purchase price. Before the new van, when we were monthly users and then full time, it was also annually ... peace of mind again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back