Motorhome Servicing

Hi, we change oil/filters yearly...keeping an eye on the Boxer book for any other service needed. Earlier this year it dawned on me that the cam belt had not been changed...although less than 30k it was 10 years old. So had it replaced...apparently on time by Peugeot recommendation. That plus 4 new agilis's made it an expensive year !! Reassuring though, as now spending our third year wintering in sunnier climes. One needs to look after ones house on wheels LOL ...when you spend 4/5 months living in it !! Maja

Don't do enough miles a year to go by that so will be an annual service for fluids and filters and ALWAYS get brake fluid replaced every two years on any vehicle.
Current van (VW LT) had been sitting around for 2-3 years before bought it, so that had all filters done, fluids (engjne oil, coolant, brakes) replaced plus gearbox and rear diff oils checked. All done this time by garage so they could do a general look-over as well. Lucky I did as a brake pipe failed on the test drive which would have caught me out.
I do the simple visual bits - filters, brakes, etc, but leave other complex oily bits to the pros.

I must admit that we have a professional service with the mot and then a habitation check which includes a roof clean and a hoover out of the heater.:Sunglasses_Emoji:

Due every two years or 30k but do it annually, I do it myself though so parts only are fairly insignificant in cost terms.

Mines a 2004 Ducato 2.8 JTD and we do around 10000 miles p.a. So I do an annual service in November and sort anything wonky found in time for January MOT.
big/heavy/complex jobs get done by local Garage ( Scuddamores) who I trust.
habitation is ncluded in my service ( replaced igniter unit on the Truma space heater earlier this year)

I never pay anyone to do a job I can do myself...

k :Sunglasses_Emoji:

Ours is an old Talbot & we have only recently bought it so I have serviced it and done cambelts for my own piece of mind. I will be giving it a mini service early next year with a view of full service every year around March and MOT is October so two decent checks each year.

I get an oil change ever time it gets tested luckily I only have to pay for the oil and filter never payed labour chargers or for a test for over 30 years so cheap motoring .

Full mechanical service every 2 years
Intermediate service in between
We do about 8000 miles a year
Hab service every 2 years
New wife (every year !:Smiling_Face_with_H)

Service base vehicle annually, before MOT. Never failed, yet. Follow manufacturers schedule for oil change, and filter, every 2 yrs. Never had it serviced professionally, 'cos I don't trust them.
Had vehicle from new, and always carried out the work myself. I have far more time available, than "so called" professionals

As regards habitation service, this, in a way, is an ongoing issue, because of the problems that occur regularly. I would add, that this is down to German engineering, at it's best!

Have mine done every two years. Used to be yearly until the garage owner said the vehicle did not need a yearly service. Going to Spain in February for the first time in the van Wish me luck

Every year with Mot at our local (totally trustworthy) garage. Between £80 and £120 depending on what needs doing. Don' see the point of being a bit safer, when weighed against cost on not getting a professional to check her over. Canterbury Street, Blackburn, for those interested.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back