Motorhome wild camping

They have been at a pub which is why they have the hangover.

I think she's looking at Park4night for tomorrows stop,
and he's wondering will anybody be looking up in the morning
when it comes to toilet time.

I'm with Voltaire who said Wild Camping is neither wild nor camping - if you're in a tin box and next to a road. 50 odd years ago when the Outward Bound was turning me into a "man" we were in the Lairig Ghru January/February making igloos. That was pretty wild and was real camping.

I'm with Ampere when he said when your battery is flat and your Chinese diesel heater no worky
tin box feel colder than igloo in winter in Spain, really wild camping. But then.........I'm a pussy!

Wild camping - can’t hear or see anyone else. And when sitting with a glass watching the light fade, it gets dark - no lights except the stars. Until she says - would you like something to eat...

I'm with Voltaire who said Wild Camping is neither wild nor camping - if you're in a tin box and next to a road. 50 odd years ago when the Outward Bound was turning me into a "man" we were in the Lairig Ghru January/February making igloos. That was pretty wild and was real camping.
Similar but on Dartmoor in one of the worst winters down there , using a 9 foot bivi sheet , final expedition cancelled was sent out on foot ( no vehicle possible) in patrol to assist locals and on farms to rescue sheep etc .

Hi all. Curiosity , what do you call/,classify wild camping as. Is it parking anywhere. Pub car park ,town car park, roadside lay- by,sea fronts , anywhere where you can legally park or as we do ,,wild camping is. Parking somewhere legally away from civilisation/ pubs / car parks etc. No ehu. Cooking own meals The reason I ask is. We asked for recommendations for places to wild camp. Quiet away from civilisation villages houses etc. The answers came back as pub car parks. Farm shops village car parks etc. The only reason we stop every 3/4days at civilised places is for ehu. Recharge refill etc( now wildebus you know why I want my charging sorted out). Ok. Let's see how many variations of wild camping there is. Brian. Jenny
Wild camping doesn’t involve public places. Anyone who thinks so is deluding themselves.
Go onto Google Earth and find really remote spots.

Similar but on Dartmoor in one of the worst winters down there , using a 9 foot bivi sheet , final expedition cancelled was sent out on foot ( no vehicle possible) in patrol to assist locals and on farms to rescue sheep etc .
took a Bivi? that's not wild camping! :p

Me and a friend went proper wildcamping in Devon and Cornwall. Cycled from Exeter to Lands End via the south coast, then up the north coast, going over dartmoor with sleeping bags (wimped out there) but no bivi or tent.
That was the "camping" part. The "wild" bit was when the pubs refused to serve us as underage (was only 16 and never looked old for my age to start with)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back