Motorhomer Pony Express.. UK to East Algarve.

Pauljenny

Anyone venturing down here in the near future..?

I'm trying all ways to get a Kindle Fire 7, to replace a broken one.

Amazon find it impossible to deliver one to our village.

If someone is brave enough to get down here, I could order one for delivery to you to bring with you...

Our gratitude would be huge.. ( Well..., modestly huge ).

Not brilliant, Sue.. They use Dodgy couriers and aren't to clever once the package leaves Blighty.
And you can't buy them a drink, when they do turn up.
Take it you two are thriving ?
Xx

Amazon have lockers to have items delivered to and you go and collect I see they post to Portugal have you tried them.
Our nearest pick up point is a Sainsbury Store

Paul you can get Amazon to deliver to a Amazon locker, perhaps you can find these lockers in Tavera or Faro where you can collect it from.
Or as Sue says get it delivered to one of us and we can post it to you.
Best of luck.

Amazon have lockers to have items delivered to and you go and collect I see they post to Portugal have you tried them.
Our nearest pick up point is a Sainsbury Store
Thanks, Witzend.
Paul you can get Amazon to deliver to a Amazon locker, perhaps you can find these lockers in Tavera or Faro where you can collect it from.
Or as Sue says get it delivered to one of us and we can post it to you.
Best of luck.

Alas there are no lockers in Portugal, since April..
That's part of the reason Amazon Spain are unable to deliver..
Something to do with Covid ?

Thanks Lee .
We'll see what turns out to be the simplest solution.
Winter won't be the same without seeing you four ..
Who's going to lead us astay ?

Hi Paul we have some friends that live in a very remote place about 30 miles from silves and Helen has posted plenty of things with Royal Mail to them and so far everything has always got to them without problems

Not brilliant, Sue.. They use Dodgy couriers and aren't to clever once the package leaves Blighty.
And you can't buy them a drink, when they do turn up.
Take it you two are thriving ?
Xx

Surely the package goes to the Portuguese mail to deliver? Anyway, I have sent and received, including my meds, many packages to Portugal with nothing going missing or damaged. We're both well, fed up with all this as is everyone! Had to cancel my trip to see my daughter Stateside she has had to cancel her trip here and we don't know when we shall meet. She, unlike her, is actually getting a bit down with it all. Hope all is well with you. We were thinking of coming over this winter but the way things are going it is not looking good

Another thumbs up for Royal Mail, I sell an item on ebay and have shipped it all over Europe and indeed the world and have only had one package turn up damaged but never had any lost, they use GLS for most European countries and the tracking service works great to these countries.

Regards,
Del

Thanks, Witzend. Alas there are no lockers in Portugal, since April..
That's part of the reason Amazon Spain are unable to deliver.. Something to do with Covid ?
Maybe worth trying Amazon UK I've had a look and they will post to Portugal but needed to actually buy something to chose a delivery location

Thanks Lee .
We'll see what turns out to be the simplest solution.
Winter won't be the same without seeing you four ..
Who's going to lead us astay ?

I haven't written off coming down this winter.
Obviously it all depends on the government and health insurance company.
We have to look forward optimistically, what else can you do.

Maybe worth trying Amazon UK I've had a look and they will post to Portugal but needed to actually buy something to chose a delivery location
Thanks, again.

Yes I tried that, just to see how much the delivery cost would be.
It would allow me to order a pack of water filters, but not the Kindle..
Exactly the same as Amazon Spain..
Maybe a Kindle thing..?

Surely the package goes to the Portuguese mail to deliver? Anyway, I have sent and received, including my meds, many packages to Portugal with nothing going missing or damaged. We're both well, fed up with all this as is everyone! Had to cancel my trip to see my daughter Stateside she has had to cancel her trip here and we don't know when we shall meet. She, unlike her, is actually getting a bit down with it all. Hope all is well with you. We were thinking of coming over this winter but the way things are going it is not looking good
[...
It's Sad and frustrating . We'd love to see you again.
But que Sera, Sera.
My son sent a test parcel, posted 10 days ago.
It's still not arrived.
When I checked with the local post office, she gave me a shrug and said " That's not unusual."..
We're doing pretty well, having been locked down from mid Feb, when I brought a souvenir of a Leeds funeral back... Pneumonia.
It's very safe, away from the tourist hotspots, the tourists, and those who have to come into contact with them.
Living long term in a M.H. means that we have no cabin fever or stir crazy problems.
No plans to fly back before all this madness is cleared up.

You need a "relief parcel" with marmite, yorkshire tbags as well as your kindle! I would feel sorry for your except for your weather smugness! I understand the problem with Amazln...they could never find our place either despite very explicit instructions! Have you tried phoning Amazon uk customer services and seeing if they can suggest something. Sometimes getting a person works! Good luck!

You need a "relief parcel" with marmite, yorkshire tbags as well as your kindle! I would feel sorry for your except for your weather smugness! I understand the problem with Amazln...they could never find our place either despite very explicit instructions! Have you tried phoning Amazon uk customer services and seeing if they can suggest something. Sometimes getting a person works! Good luck!
I've talked to a very helpful bloke in S Africa, Ruth..

Even he couldn't find a way for Amazon to ship the Fire.. Even offered a full years refund on a newspaper subscription that only had 4 months to run.
Luckily, one of our stalwart, newly retired members is planning to try to get down here, a plucky East Anglian optimist.
He already has the Tea and Black stuff in his van..
Just his trip through France to negotiate...?

Reactions: Rec
What a pain! I am pretty sure the courier's don't even bother to try and find our place which is clearly marked off the n237....but Portuguese post gets through and post from UK. We could post it for you from our UK address if you get stuck...or the east-anglian stalwart has to postpone his trip!

Why a fire,any cheepo from china will do the same as i found out when daughters fire died,no running a 10 inch tablet with 2 gig mem,cost 45 bucks

Thanks.
Yes, already tried them , but a few complications. They're 2nd favourites.
Also, can't take the courier out for a meal,
It'll be more fun if what we planning comes to fruition.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back