Motorhomer Pony Express.. UK to East Algarve.

Hey that's 3 degrees warmer than we are.. Sea breezes at Tavira.
Does that mean I'm not allowed to destroy something chilled ...?
Don't answer...!
I've already started.

Ola! We have crossed the Spanish border and having an overnight break at San Sebastián. We are shaded here, but still have 34C, might have to destroy a chilled glass of something, before too much longer!
Good sun ,enjoy and stay sober oops meant safe

rog if you are planning to go to carbeceno zoo might be worth planning to do it on the way home low season starts 1st october 33% reduction high season €32 low season €24 it’s well worth the 32 just depends on your plans & don’t forget Ampudia lol

rog if you are planning to go to carbeceno zoo might be worth planning to do it on the way home low season starts 1st october 33% reduction high season €32 low season €24 it’s well worth the 32 just depends on your plans & don’t forget Ampudia lol
Basically heading straight down to Paul’s for a kick off, and then will make the big decision about which way to come home.
Whichever way we choose will be a very slow route, probably covering just a few miles per day, sorry kilometres. Taking in as much as we can. Thanks for the nod, every little helps!

Basically heading straight down to Paul’s for a kick off, and then will make the big decision about which way to come home.
Whichever way we choose will be a very slow route, probably covering just a few miles per day, sorry kilometres. Taking in as much as we can. Thanks for the nod, every little helps!
Oh dear Paul & Jen, with Rog and his carer descending on you, the hovel will not have enough space for the booze they need per day, they make us two look like teetotallers-----------------------------you have been warned !!

Oh yes, Roger please be gentle with the Hobbits.

Oh dear Paul & Jen, with Rog and his carer descending on you, the hovel will not have enough space for the booze they need per day, they make us two look like teetotallers-----------------------------you have been warned !!

Oh yes, Roger please be gentle with the Hobbits.
Chaos if the gypsies turn up as well 🥃🤪⛑. We’re getting closer.

The only fluid we're short of , is water.

Suggest that you have a dump and fill aire visit immediately before arrival..
There's one immediately you cross the Guardiana bridge, at Castro Marim .
Another on the waterfront at Vila Real do Santo Antonio..(. An ideal overnight stop for laundry and a look round.)

Manta Rota, Tavira.. then us.. ( could be busy )
We're going to inspect a new aire nearby.
Will report back later.

Just remember "French Fries" and Frites are simple expensive "Chips"
and "Chips are Crisps" Oh La La.
I will naow "Saute" to the other web-site
Otherwise we know who might accuse me of using words not as they are intended bto be used.
Zut Alors
Plume de ma Tante
Tante pis Tante mieux
etc etc
PS I am multi-lingual ..I can make bad jokes and order beer in many languages.
Do us a beer mate..And I got 2.
Time to get on the "panaché2 methinks

Far too hot for much driving today, we have 33C here, and pulled into Valladolid for the rest of the day. The free Aire here is now 5 euros for 24 hrs.
Will probably get as far as Merida tomorrow, hardly any trucks about tomorrow, being Sunday, (I suppose all the drivers have to attend church or something) and then plough on down to The Hovel on Mon or Tuesday.
Might see if we can find a tapas bar later, don’t even know what one looks like, or how to order! Hey ho!E679652B-C8DC-44D5-A6A3-47CBEFF29639.jpeg

As I've said..
Take it easy, it's a long drag.
Use Google translate on your phone. Type ..what is this..? Get the translation.
Hand over your phone.
Anyone under 50 , working in tourist facing jobs, will type in the answer and translate it for you

Just about any bar is a tapas bar, in Spain watch out for tripe.. it's very popular in northern Spain.. Especially..CALLOS DE MADRIELANA
Avoid it.
A tapas is a small dish, usually on display on the bar
Bigger portions are raciones. .Rah - see - oh- nez.
Pollo is chicken, Cerdo is pork.

Good hunting.

Last edited:
We miles away holed up in Lisboa at an AC with restaurant and live music for a few days. Brazilian Latin music tonight. 14 piece crazy Jazz type band tomorrow. Entertainment included in the aire charge. Slow down and enjoy Rog. 🎂
We need a.." Jealous..", button.
Like, is not enough.

As I've said..
Take it easy, it's a long drag.
Use Google translate on your phone. Type ..what is this..? Get the translation.
Hand over your phone.
Anyone under 50 , working in tourist facing jobs, will type in the answer and translate it for you

Just about any bar is a tapas bar, in Spain watch out for tripe.. it's very popular in northern Spain.. Especially..CALLOS DE MADRIELANA
Avoid it.
A tapas is a small dish, usually on display on the bar
Bigger portions are raciones. .Rah - see - oh- nez.
Pollo is chicken, Cerdo is pork.

Good hunting.
i really enjoy talking foreign - it's like magic ,you make all these funny sounds and sometimes they know what you mean !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back