My first time away in the camper

cass22

Going to the Peak District for the scenery to take photos and walks with my cocker spaniel. Any advice would be welcome for places to visit and places to stay.

Off hand, I can’t think of anywhere not to go to. Goyt Valley is smashing to. I had a wonderful few days there. Nabs had a few more days , it might have been something to do with being snowed in. He survived, apparently!

Thank you Trotter I was looking at Goyt Valley as it has some wild camping spots and looks beautiful

Thank you Trotter I was looking at Goyt Valley as it has some wild camping spots and looks beautiful
As I said , I don't think you'll go wrong anywhere in the Peaks. If your a member of the C&cc, I can recommend their Bakewell site. Apart from EHU, and water, there nothing else there, showers and the like, but it's a safe place to stay, while you get used to your new hobby. And cheap enough. Enjoy.
Nabsim will probably be along with some advice on where to stay, eventually. He's local. Give him time, his brain needs a kick start sometimes. Either that, or he needs a kick.

Thanks a lot for your help I was probably going to do a night of on site and night of parked up.

Thanks a lot for your help I was probably going to do a night of on site and night of parked up.
It’s still early in the season. Make sure places are open

Good point I'll check for places to stay are open with shower and wc facilities

Good point I'll check for places to stay are open with shower and wc facilities
No shower block at Bakewell. There’s a C&cc site on the Leek - Buxton rd.

Last edited:
Thank you Vanterrior and Trotter for your advice. Had a great time in The Peak District last week stayed at an excellent site, went on 4 beautiful walks and took some good photographs. I have updated my blog can be seen at wheresluna.com

Going to the Peak District for the scenery to take photos and walks with my cocker spaniel. Any advice would be welcome for places to visit and places to stay.
If you are a member of the camping and caravan club look up the MAS peakland section .
They will give you a warm welcome .
Also have walks guided by one of the members most days . 7 to 10 miles .

Thank you Piffsmiff perhaps next time I go I'll bear that in mind. As said I have been and now back home after a 5 day 4 night trip to the Peak District.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back