Posted by moonshadow
50.786865, -1.563676
Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 11:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - 11:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Please take me off as a probably. The guy doing some plastering for me is hoping to do it that week if he can get supplies. Sorry to mess you around

Hi it’s looking like this is going to clash with other family activities though I wanted to try and make it.
Count me out this time but I’ll look forward to making one somewhere in the south b4 too long.

Hi it’s looking like this is going to clash with other family activities though I wanted to try and make it.
Count me out this time but I’ll look forward to making one somewhere in the south b4 too long.

Thanks for letting us know - have fun whatever you are doing!

The meet is on, yay! The meet will have to be governed by the current Government restrictions.

Please also read this: https://motorhomer.com/threads/campsite-covid-safety-rules.42399/

The meet is in a field, water, rubbish bins and toilet emptying, but no toilets this year for your own safety. Please be hygiene mindful for you and others when you use the water, elsan and bins. The nearest pub is now The Rosie Lea tea rooms, restaurant & bar, The Filly Inn is 1.1 miles up the road, the vineyard (see below) a bit further, The Red Lion is .8 mile down the road and The Fleur de Lys dating back to 1096 is a bit further at 1.6 miles. Fees are £8 per unit per night, excellent value for school holidays in the New Forest.

There is a security gate which has to be locked at night, arrivals strictly 10am - 6pm. It would be helpful when you book if you could indicate how many nights you plan to stay and which day you plan to arrive.

FEES (£8 per unit per night) IN CASH ON ARRIVAL, in a sealed envelope with your name, forum name, registration number, number of nights and amount enclosed written on the outside.

Please bring bags that can be tied/sealed to put your rubbish in before putting in the bin. Dog waste in a separate bin.

There is an hourly bus to Brockenhurst/Southampton and Lymington which stops at the gate, this will have restricted capacity.

There's a huge very popular STREET MARKET IN LYMINGTON on Saturdays. http://www.lymingtonmarket.co.uk/ which is now open.

The CAR BOOT sale is happening but it may be scaled down a little from last year.

VINEYARD, sadly for you wine buffs there are no tours nor wine tasting because of Covid. However, there is a tearoom, a very well stocked licensed farm shop ( 9-5.30 Monday to Saturday, 10-5 Sunday) and a garden centre (same hours as shop) all following strict guidelines.

Lymington to Yarmouth (IOW) ferry will be running from 17th July every 2 hours. Will have timetable & prices at the meet

The New Forest Tour bus is currently not running if this changes I will update here.

Here is a link to my post listing campsites open on the New Forest if you want to extend your stay https://motorhomer.com/threads/camping-in-the-new-forest-closures-alternatives.42443/

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL!

The list:

1. Moonshadow - Sue & Martin - 5 nights (confirmed)
  2. Geeky Philip - Phil - 5 nights (confirmed)
  3. Ramblefrog - Bev & Alex (confirmed)
  4. RoaminRog - Rog & Chris (confirmed)
  5. Trotter - Derek (confirmed)
  6. Lee - Lee & Linda (confirmed)
  7. Lands43 - Les & Sue - 5 nights (confirmed)
  8. Jenrai - David (confirmed)
  9. 4x4man - Kevin & Gwen - 5 nights (confirmed)
  10. Horace - Colin & Sue + Molly (confirmed)
  11. TissyD - Jacki & Chris - 5 nights (confirmed)
  12. Nimmo777 - Derek & Hazel - 5 nights (confirmed)
  13. Peter51 - Peter (confirmed)
  14. Greengrass - Dave & Rhona (confirmed)
  15. Shonky - Mark (confirmed)
  16. Rayphotoman - Ray & Jean (confirmed)
  17. Minisorella - Jennie (confirmed)
  18. Tezza33 - Maggy & Terry 5 nights(confirmed)
  19. Xsilvergs - Tony & Chris 5 nights (confirmed)
  20. Alwaysared - 5 nights (confirmed)
  21. Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol (confirmed)
  22. Mark135 - Mark & Val 5 nights (confirmed)
  23. CherryPirate - Colin & Tina 5 nights (confirmed)
  24. aajjii - Adrian & Julie 4 nights (confirmed)
  25. Billyhilly - Paul & Ann - 5 nights (confirmed)
  26. Forcesixwindy -Lorna & Graham-5 nights (confirmed)
  27. Ian1950 - Ian & Ros - 5 nights (confirmed)
  28. Juke - Mo & Mike - 5 nights (confirmed)
  29. Glenn - 4 nights (confirmed)
  30. Mr Torchy (confirmed)
  31. Wully (confirmed)
  32. Mariesnowgoose (confirmed)
  33. Archiemutt - Claire & Craig (confirmed)
  34. Jackbean (confirmed)
  35. Mr & Mrs Tupcox (confirmed)
  36. Joncaton (confirmed)
  37. Geraldine - Mandie & David (confirmed)
  38. Rugbyken (confirmed)
  39. Chipvan (confirmed)
  40. Trappers - Jenny & Andy (confirmed)
  41. Compost (confirmed)
  42. Izwozral (confirmed)
  43. Trigger - Malc & Cathy (confirmed)
  44. Living Life - David (confirmed)
  45. SydnSue - Syd & Sue (confirmed)
  46. Samnsandy - Sam & Sandy (confirmed)
  47. Cobraman (confirmed)
  48. Salvage1 - Norman & Karen (confirmed)
  49. Articstorm - David (confirmed)
  50. Donrevy - Phil & Sue (confirmed)
  51. Shane - Shane & Heather - 2 nights (Fri & Sat) - (confirmed)
  52. Campervanannie - Annie
  53. Hamishhymer - Nigel, Fran, Stirling & Luke
  54. Chrismilo - Chris - 5 nights
  55. St3v3
  56. Monicadiamond
  57. Nabsim - Neil & Caz/Shane
  58. CarparkJane

Reserve list

Hello folks!

Sam & Sandy here. We will unfortunately be unable to attend the Lymington Meet this year. Sandy has been classified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS and instructed to shield, and we have been in lockdown at home since 13th March.😢

Last year was our first year and we thoroughly enjoyed it until the final night when an ambulance had to come and cart Sandy off to hospital for a three week stay, starting off with a four night stay in intensive care on a ventilator!

We had been looking forward to an uninterrupted sojourn this year, however...

Thanks to all those who make this event happen.

Hope to see you next year.
Take care, Sam

FYI

Foot passenger trips to the IOW return cost £35.20 for two adults. If you use your TESCO vouchers, you save over £22 and then costs you a mere £12.50.
And if you're over 60 (which I'm nearing but certainly feel it), then it costs £10.

Last edited:
Hello folks!

Sam & Sandy here. We will unfortunately be unable to attend the Lymington Meet this year. Sandy has been classified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS and instructed to shield, and we have been in lockdown at home since 13th March.😢

Last year was our first year and we thoroughly enjoyed it until the final night when an ambulance had to come and cart Sandy off to hospital for a three week stay, starting off with a four night stay in intensive care on a ventilator!

We had been looking forward to an uninterrupted sojourn this year, however...

Thanks to all those who make this event happen.

Hope to see you next year.
Take care, Sam
Hi Sam, That's such a shame, but best be safe. Thank you for letting us know. Take care of yourselves and see you next year hopefully! By the way are Syd and Sue still coming?
Sue

The meet is on, yay! The meet will have to be governed by the current Government restrictions.

Please also read this: https://motorhomer.com/threads/campsite-covid-safety-rules.42399/

The meet is in a field, water, rubbish bins and toilet emptying, but no toilets this year for your own safety. Please be hygiene mindful for you and others when you use the water, elsan and bins. The nearest pub is now The Rosie Lea tea rooms, restaurant & bar, The Filly Inn is 1.1 miles up the road, the vineyard (see below) a bit further, The Red Lion is .8 mile down the road and The Fleur de Lys dating back to 1096 is a bit further at 1.6 miles. Fees are £8 per unit per night, excellent value for school holidays in the New Forest.

There is a security gate which has to be locked at night, arrivals strictly 10am - 6pm. It would be helpful when you book if you could indicate how many nights you plan to stay and which day you plan to arrive.

FEES (£8 per unit per night) IN CASH ON ARRIVAL, in a sealed envelope with your name, forum name, registration number, number of nights and amount enclosed written on the outside.

Please bring bags that can be tied/sealed to put your rubbish in before putting in the bin. Dog waste in a separate bin.

There is an hourly bus to Brockenhurst/Southampton and Lymington which stops at the gate, this will have restricted capacity.

There's a huge very popular STREET MARKET IN LYMINGTON on Saturdays. http://www.lymingtonmarket.co.uk/ which is now open.

The CAR BOOT sale is happening but it may be scaled down a little from last year.

VINEYARD, sadly for you wine buffs there are no tours nor wine tasting because of Covid. However, there is a tearoom, a very well stocked licensed farm shop ( 9-5.30 Monday to Saturday, 10-5 Sunday) and a garden centre (same hours as shop) all following strict guidelines.

Lymington to Yarmouth (IOW) ferry will be running from 17th July every 2 hours. Will have timetable & prices at the meet

The New Forest Tour bus is currently not running if this changes I will update here.

Here is a link to my post listing campsites open on the New Forest if you want to extend your stay https://motorhomer.com/threads/camping-in-the-new-forest-closures-alternatives.42443/

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL!

The list:

1. Moonshadow - Sue & Martin - 5 nights (confirmed)
  2. Geeky Philip - Phil - 5 nights (confirmed)
  3. Ramblefrog - Bev & Alex (confirmed)
  4. RoaminRog - Rog & Chris (confirmed)
  5. Trotter - Derek (confirmed)
  6. Lee - Lee & Linda (confirmed)
  7. Lands43 - Les & Sue - 5 nights (confirmed)
  8. Jenrai - David (confirmed)
  9. 4x4man - Kevin & Gwen - 5 nights (confirmed)
  10. Horace - Colin & Sue + Molly (confirmed)
  11. TissyD - Jacki & Chris - 5 nights (confirmed)
  12. Nimmo777 - Derek & Hazel - 5 nights (confirmed)
  13. Peter51 - Peter (confirmed)
  14. Greengrass - Dave & Rhona (confirmed)
  15. Shonky - Mark (confirmed)
  16. Rayphotoman - Ray & Jean (confirmed)
  17. Minisorella - Jennie (confirmed)
  18. Tezza33 - Maggy & Terry 5 nights(confirmed)
  19. Xsilvergs - Tony & Chris 5 nights (confirmed)
  20. Alwaysared - 5 nights (confirmed)
  21. Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol (confirmed)
  22. Mark135 - Mark & Val 5 nights (confirmed)
  23. CherryPirate - Colin & Tina 5 nights (confirmed)
  24. aajjii - Adrian & Julie 4 nights (confirmed)
  25. Billyhilly - Paul & Ann - 5 nights (confirmed)
  26. Forcesixwindy -Lorna & Graham-5 nights (confirmed)
  27. Ian1950 - Ian & Ros - 5 nights (confirmed)
  28. Juke - Mo & Mike - 5 nights (confirmed)
  29. Glenn - 4 nights (confirmed)
  30. Mr Torchy (confirmed)
  31. Wully (confirmed)
  32. Mariesnowgoose (confirmed)
  33. Archiemutt - Claire & Craig (confirmed)
  34. Jackbean (confirmed)
  35. Mr & Mrs Tupcox (confirmed)
  36. Joncaton (confirmed)
  37. Geraldine - Mandie & David (confirmed)
  38. Rugbyken (confirmed)
  39. Chipvan (confirmed)
  40. Trappers - Jenny & Andy (confirmed)
  41. Compost (confirmed)
  42. Izwozral (confirmed)
  43. Trigger - Malc & Cathy (confirmed)
  44. Living Life - David (confirmed)
  45. SydnSue - Syd & Sue (confirmed)
  46. Cobraman (confirmed)
  47. Salvage1 - Norman & Karen (confirmed)
  48. Articstorm - David (confirmed)
  49. Donrevy - Phil & Sue (confirmed)
  50. Shane - Shane & Heather - 2 nights (Fri & Sat) - (confirmed)
  51. Wanderlust - Paul & Ruth (confirmed)
  52. Campervanannie - Annie
  53. Hamishhymer - Nigel, Fran, Stirling & Luke
  54. Chrismilo - Chris - 5 nights
  55. St3v3
  56. Monicadiamond
  57. Nabsim - Neil & Caz/Shane
  58. Avalon Adventurers - Sharon and Andrew.

Reserve list
Can you add us to the list to please if there are still spaces available.

The virus that I thought I had recovered from has returned with a vengeance, I don't want to infect anyone else with something that I have suffered with for over 6 months so unfortunately I will not be able to attend this meet, I seemed to be okay for nearly two weeks then it is back, I wouldn't wish this on anybody 😷

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back