New member and first camper outing

Hi, I'm in my first campervan, a Romahome, on my first trip, staying in The Trossachs, Scotland. My daughter and grandson are in theirs next to me. Absolutely love it.
Welcome & glad you absolutely love it. & with many more joyful outings

Hi, I'm in my first campervan, a Romahome, on my first trip, staying in The Trossachs, Scotland. My daughter and grandson are in theirs next to me. Absolutely love it.
Welcome. Glad you like it. It's a great way to explore places you've never been. We are planning our first trip to Scotland this year in Flossie our converted ambulance. Hope we meet up on one of the 'meets'. Derek & Hazel :cool:

Hi and welcome how's the weather been down there, as looking for somewhere to visit for a couple of days.

Keith and April

Welcome along that’s a Lovely part of the country hope you enjoyed it out of midge season you’re size van is ideal for that area ?

Hi and welcome, it's a great site and I'll sure you're love it. I too am a Romahomer - I have an R20 Jubilee Hi. You will see this site encompasses all sizes of motorhomes, from our little tardis like creations to huge homes on wheels and the friendly members are happy to help and advise with any queries you may have in your new adventure.
I still remember my first trip away, to the Lakes then up to see Hadrian's wall. For the first few days I did wonder if I had made a mistake as I kept knocking things over when moving around but it then all just clicked. All I did was slow down a bit, didn't spin round with arms sticking out without looking first type of thing. In fact the slower, more relaxed way of life in the van became one of the attractions and escape from the hectic pace when I was in work and it still makes me smile even now I'm retired. Apart from this site and the excellent Wildcamping.co.uk (another of Phil's sites,) another great site especially for Romahomes is smallmotorhome.co.uk. full of other Romahome owners eager to help if you have any questions about the workings of your new van.
Enjoy your new found freedom; Phil's site logo sums it all up!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, it's a great site and I'll sure you're love it. I too am a Romahomer - I have an R20 Jubilee Hi. You will see this site encompasses all sizes of motorhomes, from our little tardis like creations to huge homes on wheels and the friendly members are happy to help and advise with any queries you may have in your new adventure.
I still remember my first trip away, to the Lakes then up to see Hadrian's wall. For the first few days I did wonder if I had made a mistake as I kept knocking things over when moving around but it then all just clicked. All I did was slow down a bit, didn't spin round with arms sticking out without looking first type of thing. In fact the slower, more relaxed way of life in the van became one of the attractions and escape from the hectic pace when I was in work and it still makes me smile even now I'm retired. Apart from this site and the excellent Wildcamping.co.uk (another of Phil's sites,) another great site especially for Romahomes is smallmotorhome.co.uk. full of other Romahome owners eager to help if you have any questions about the workings of your new van.
Enjoy your new found freedom; Phil's site logo sums it all up!
Thank you. It's also a useful exytra bedroom as I shall be sleeping in it tonight while my visitors have my bedrooms.

Hoping to pick up our small Mazda Bongoo campervan this Monday will be new to this new adventure as well ...If all goes well on Monday hoping to attend the Easter get together Chester Race Course fingers crossed!,,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back