New Michelin Agils Crossclimate could be very good for wet grass and mud ?

Very informative thread guys. Last September I had 2 agilis camper tyres put on the rear of my van, well impressed with grip on wet roads and grass. When the front needs changing I'll look into putting the same on. That was untill I read this thread if the mud and snow tyre appear better will look more into it when the time comes.

I've got Agilis Camper tyres on my van and they are very good for handling and grip.
I've just ordered a new higher load pair for my rear axle .now I've weighed it.
I found that provided you don't mind waiting a couple of days that Kwik Fit do very competitive prices for internet orders; c25% cheaper than any one else.

PeteS;n35307 said:
Dont do it in a 15" rim size so probably not as a replacement to the Agilis camping for me
Vredestein Comtrac 2 all season tyres come in 15” wheel size, they also have the official winter tyre and M&S markings. And as far as I am aware have all the same features. They certainly give better grip on mud, snow and wet grass. Pulled me through 10” of ice encrusted snow up at Moffat last winter. And they seem to wear less than the Continental Camper tyres that the van came with.

Winks;n35301 said:
It is the nearside (UK) that lets go first. Mmmm?

Cheers

H

You are right the nearside will let go first
on same surface the way that the diferential is configured

The way that the diferential is configured will mean that the nearside will allways loose traction first on the same surface

terry4156;n36425 said:
The way that the diferential is configured will mean that the nearside will allways loose traction first on the same surface

Its been my biggest bug with these Sevel vans for years and the no 1 reason why i now always buy a rear wheel drive camper

if FIAT / PEUGEOT/CITROEN had any sense all camper chassis would be fitted with diff locks as standard

i reckon it would make a big difference on grass etc

Just done 12000 Mls on a set of agillis camp tyres and that's them down to the wear indicators already, I thought I would have got more miles for my money than that, will have to put a new front set on before end of the month

That's not a lot of miles but in my view grip and handling 're more important .

Will your new pair of tyres be fitted on the rear ( so the part worn rears are moved to the front) ?

We all know that's the approved way to avoid oversteer.
But I bet most of us put new tyres on the front where the most work is done and they wear out faster.

I've ordered a pair of high load rating tyres which will be put on the front rims and then swapped to the rear axle.
So I'll be doing the 'right' thing - but not for the right reasons!

Just ordered 5 Cross Climate from BlackCircle they have a 10% off flash sale today so fitted for £115ea, not bad me thinks.

I've had my eye on these since they first came out.
With the new regs for winter tyres (now need 3 peaks for tyres manufactured from 2018) in Germany they'll be ideal.
In our size the speed rating is way above what we need and the load rating is 121 which equates to 1450kg per tyre.
Would I be correct in assuming I can use 2x1450kg and if it's above the axle weight (as per vehicle plate) they'll ok?

Edit : Just checked the ones on the van and they are rated at 116 so all good - just need to wear them out so we can swop!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered 5 Cross Climate from BlackCircle they have a 10% off flash sale today so fitted for £115ea, not bad me thinks.

That certainly sounds like a good deal for fitted tyres

Let us know how you get on with them

Especially road noise and wet grass use

Thanks

I've had my eye on these since they first came out.
With the new regs for winter tyres (now need 3 peaks for tyres manufactured from 2018) in Germany they'll be ideal.
In our size the speed rating is way above what we need and the load rating is 121 which equates to 1450kg per tyre.
Would I be correct in assuming I can use 2x1450kg and if it's above the axle weight (as per vehicle plate) they'll ok?

Edit : Just checked the ones on the van and they are rated at 116 so all good - just need to wear them out so we can swop!!!

Yeah my Agilis camper tyres are in good condition but they are nearly 8 years old now so they have to go to give me peace of mind.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back