new sim good for roaming ?

rugbyken

personally i have the new popit sim 100gb for £25 a month rolling contract can use whole 100gb abroad it’s working fine this trip , another similar came up today this is in the comments section of the post someone asking about roaming it’s on EE network so will be simil to popit ,
Hi Daryl, For now you are able to still "roam like at home" within the EU. You can find more information regarding our roaming charges using our price guide here; www.ecotalk.co.uk/help. Unfortunately for now we do not support the eSIM feature, however we do hope to introduce this in the near future. Thanks - Lauren :)
E7536AE9-7763-420D-ADAF-78C13A44FAA4.png

Last edited:
personally i have the new popit sim 100gb for £25 a month rolling contract can use whole 100gb abroad it’s working fine this trip , another similar came up today this is in the comments section of the post someone asking about roaming it’s on EE network so will be simil to popit ,
Hi Daryl, For now you are able to still "roam like at home" within the EU. You can find more information regarding our roaming charges using our price guide here; www.ecotalk.co.uk/help. Unfortunately for now we do not support the eSIM feature, however we do hope to introduce this in the near future. Thanks - Lauren :)
View attachment 65640
Ken,
I don't know for sure but I think that info on the ecotalk site is out of date. It reads as if the UK is in the EU still and the price guide is dated 8th June 2018.

Ken,
I don't know for sure but I think that info on the ecotalk site is out of date. It reads as if the UK is in the EU still and the price guide is dated 8th June 2018.
David, this is still the current situation in their T&C's, can't find anything else to override it ........

The EU have introduced rules which mean that you won’t be charged for using your phone when you’re in another EU country.
From 15 June 2017, you can use your phone in other EU countries for no extra cost.
This covers voice calls, SMS and data services which are included in your bundle at home in the UK.
You can find a list of the countries where this applies in the ‘roam like at home’ section of our price guide .

We picked up virgin deal .
Unlimited data £25 roam like home .
Been great .
Runs everything at home from hot spot firestick computer and van when away.

We picked up virgin deal .
Unlimited data £25 roam like home .
Been great .
Runs everything at home from hot spot firestick computer and van when away.
We've had 100gb Virgin sims in both phones with unused data rollover for £22, roaming in France last year was fine with no charges despite heavy use. However we need to change one sim as Virgin reception at home is non-existent indoors and their wifi calling is very slow, getting codes for 2-stage verification of purchases is a nightmare.

David, this is still the current situation in their T&C's, can't find anything else to override it ........

The EU have introduced rules which mean that you won’t be charged for using your phone when you’re in another EU country.
From 15 June 2017, you can use your phone in other EU countries for no extra cost.
This covers voice calls, SMS and data services which are included in your bundle at home in the UK.
You can find a list of the countries where this applies in the ‘roam like at home’ section of our price guide .
Just about every company had that from June 2017 but then removed it after Brexit + 1 year or so.
It may well be the case they have kept that, but I would be very wary that nothing seems to have been updated since Brexit happened

An example: In the price guide it says "Can I use my SIM card in anything other than a mobile phone? No – you can only use your voice SIM in your phone, not in other devices (e.g. a dongle, mobile WiFi device, laptop, or tablet)"
That restriction is no longer allowed I believe as part of "Net Neutrality"

The problem with the Internet... old pages tend to stay and appear like they are current when a search finds them.

Last edited:
Just for info I contacted Ecotalk and whilst there is no mention of updating charges on the website, they have confirmed that new rates will apply from mid Feb and there will be a flat rate daily charge of £2 for roaming, So beware!!

There really is nothing to compete for UK users.
As far as I know ALL the main UK operators lie about what's available, saying use it like at home etc etc (oh yeah subject to our fair usage policy)
Tiekom is the other possibility but more data than I need and more expensive. It's €15 to deliver to UK and you need a VPN for UK TV.The BBC is wise to a lot of them and just refuses the connection.

I've just started my popit sim and it's in my mifi dongle and working, all be it I'm still in the UK.
Let's see how it works in Europe, from reports from Ken it'll be fine.
🤞it all works out well and popit are the sim to buy for touring Europe.

I've just started my popit sim and it's in my mifi dongle and working, all be it I'm still in the UK.
Let's see how it works in Europe, from reports from Ken it'll be fine.
🤞it all works out well and popit are the sim to buy for touring Europe.
Lee, can't find any follow-up to your post. Apologies if you did.
Did Popit do it for you?

Lee, can't find any follow-up to your post. Apologies if you did.
Did Popit do it for you?
Popit worked well around Europe, I've still got it in the van and have had no trouble with it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back