new sim good for roaming ?

Try Uswitch I've just took out a monthly with talkmobile who use Vodafone network for 70g data for £9.95 .I have a contract with EE that runs out next month but it's crept up to just over 20 quid a month .The wife was with virgin and was paying 15 quid a month she in now with 02 for £6.75 I think but they have deals on there for EE as well .
Jeff, there’s loads of great offers for use in the UK. The threads about a sim for Roaming.
Vodafone, the mob I’m with, will only offer 25gb a month, in Europe, and not the 250gb I get a here. ( Although the 250gb was the contact I thought I’d been sold.) EE for me next time, from memory, 18 months time.
Btw, Jeff, I thought you were happy with Smarty ?

Jeff, there’s loads of great offers for use in the UK. The threads about a sim for Roaming.
Vodafone, the mob I’m with, will only offer 25gb a month, in Europe, and not the 250gb I get a here. ( Although the 250gb was the contact I thought I’d been sold.) EE for me next time, from memory, 18 months time.
Btw, Jeff, I thought you were happy with Smarty ?
I was with smarty for a while then took out a contract with 3 but the coverage was crap so I ended up with a 2year contract with EE which end next month but the price kept creeping up so I've took out a sim deal with talkmobile that uses Vodafone network but it only monthly I will see howitgoes .

Sorry but it's just getting too confusing.
If anyone wants to tell us what a great internet deal they are getting in the UK why not start a new thread.
Perhaps calling it "new sim not good for roaming".;)

personally i have the new popit sim 100gb for £25 a month rolling contract can use whole 100gb abroad it’s working fine this trip , another similar came up today this is in the comments section of the post someone asking about roaming it’s on EE network so will be simil to popit ,
Hi Daryl, For now you are able to still "roam like at home" within the EU. You can find more information regarding our roaming charges using our price guide here; www.ecotalk.co.uk/help. Unfortunately for now we do not support the eSIM feature, however we do hope to introduce this in the near future. Thanks - Lauren :)
View attachment 65640
All UK networks now only do 63 Days roaming, after 63 Days some providers will change it to PAYG.
If your only doing EU touring for less then 63 Days, then you have nothing to worry about, just go for the cheapest deal. there are some great cheap sim only deals if your not doing more then 63 Days, hope this helps.

p.s. I have just got back from 90 day tour of EU, I am on iD 24 month contract all unlimited for £12 a month, most days I was using at least 8Gb to 12Gb per day, checked past statements, and still £12 a month with no extra billing, I did get texts just before the 63 Days warning me that it will automatically change to PAYG until reset once in UK.

They simply wrote to me and said I had used my 12Gb allowance in accordance with their fair use policy. I wasn’t trying to discredit them.
Glad that your Popit appears to be ok.
We've recently switched to Popit and managed to use most of our 100GB whilst in France & Spain last month and continued using it when we're back in UK, with no issues to report but I must admit I'm slightly concerned about this 12 GB policy...

I have used Popit all over Europe and up to Norway and currently parked at £1 month.Very happy with their service.
You will see earlier how I have pushed Rog to explain exactly how this 12gb limitation came about.#25
If they restricted me I'd be right on to them for an explanation
Perhaps he made a mistake as lots of other companies do have this 12gb limit..........possibly if there is no use in UK in between trips.
I wouldn't worry about it..........................unless we hear more about the reasons

I was under the impression that I had explained what happened. My sim was initiated in Italy and therefore had no UK use. Whilst the nice man at Popit said I could do this, obviously he was wrong because I couldn’t.
They simply said they were not roaming providers and I was left high and dry with precious little data for the rest of the trip.
At the moment I am using RWG and making sure it’s gets plenty of use in the UK before we take it abroad and then we’ll see what happens🤞

I was under the impression that I had explained what happened. My sim was initiated in Italy and therefore had no UK use. Whilst the nice man at Popit said I could do this, obviously he was wrong because I couldn’t.
They simply said they were not roaming providers and I was left high and dry with precious little data for the rest of the trip.
At the moment I am using RWG and making sure it’s gets plenty of use in the UK before we take it abroad and then we’ll see what happens🤞
I have been using RWG for the past 3 weeks in France Roger and no issues at all, I have got 200gb roaming and been using my firestick plus had the greatest hits radio app on all of the time without any problems, just make sure you use the orange France carrier and you will ok x

But I started my Popit sim in France and had no issues.I am pretty sure that others have activated it when abroad.
Did you not complain and demand your money back.
As I said earlier on it is making others apprehensive about the Popit offer (as in post #47)

I have a 200GB data only sim costing £18 per month. Still checking the smallprint re Europe. They say no restrictions, but I’ve yet to have that confirmed.

I have been in Euroland and Scandiwegia for almost 4 weeks so far using both mine and my wife’s 200gb RWG sims , mine is over 70gb so far and hers is 25gb or so. Almost never had a time without internet and it is generally far better than in UK - I’ve seen well over 250mbps on occasion and one time over 500! I’m happy so far with 2 months travel left.

I have been in Euroland and Scandiwegia for almost 4 weeks so far using both mine and my wife’s 200gb RWG sims , mine is over 70gb so far and hers is 25gb or so. Almost never had a time without internet and it is generally far better than in UK - I’ve seen well over 250mbps on occasion and one time over 500! I’m happy so far with 2 months travel left.
Thanks for that Simon.

Using Popit 100GB in France and Italy, no problems so far. No data restrictions, but I was careful to activate in UK and show some UK use first. So far ok on both BBC IPlayer and Netflix, presumably they like Amazon think I am in Twickenham. (Why Twickenham, I’m guessing that’s where network IP adress is?). Only problem we’re finding is in tethering IPad to Iphone the link keeps dropping out, don’t know if this is network or phone settings related. We would have preferred two smaller SIMs with one for mifi, but that works out much more expensive.

I posted earlier that we have been happy with the Popit sim and it is now parked up waiting for our next trip.I noticed it had to be "compliant" before we could park which I take to mean a certain amount of UK usage.
We are now hoping to go to Turkiye next year and that is not covered by Popit.........well it is at £6 per day.
So we will change to RWG who do offer a service in Turkiye.
Anyway the point is, when I came to cancel the sim it again had to be "compliant" (which mine was)
But presumably if you had not had enough UK usage, whatever that is, then they might not actually allow you to cancel your sim.
Just something to watch out for................I'm a bit disappointed as it seems like one of those "subject to fair usage" restrictions written in the small print by many of the bigger providers.

Using Popit 100GB in France and Italy, no problems so far. No data restrictions, but I was careful to activate in UK and show some UK use first. So far ok on both BBC IPlayer and Netflix, presumably they like Amazon think I am in Twickenham. (Why Twickenham, I’m guessing that’s where network IP adress is?). Only problem we’re finding is in tethering IPad to Iphone the link keeps dropping out, don’t know if this is network or phone settings related. We would have preferred two smaller SIMs with one for mifi, but that works out much more expensive.
Different issue for us. Currently in France with a Reglo sim in the iPad and Popit in an iPhone. As you say, the Popit is working fine and streaming UK services. However if I tether the iPhone to the iPad, (mobile data switched off on the iPad) the beeb reverts to BBC.com so no iPlayer. However if I link the iPhone to the Roku stick it works fine on all the usual channels. One of life's mysteries 🤣🤣

Different issue for us. Currently in France with a Reglo sim in the iPad and Popit in an iPhone. As you say, the Popit is working fine and streaming UK services. However if I tether the iPhone to the iPad, (mobile data switched off on the iPad) the beeb reverts to BBC.com so no iPlayer. However if I link the iPhone to the Roku stick it works fine on all the usual channels. One of life's mysteries 🤣🤣
Wierd. In Italy and France we can stream IPlayer directly by tethering iPad, but not download. I can view on IPhone, but can’t mirror it to TV, whereas with Netflix I can.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back