New to all this :) free membership and rallies

ERR!!! excuse me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where does it say (apart from above) that I am a grouch, I'm a fun loving bear, I just can't do with morons and keyboards bullies, fortunately not too many on here, but we all have off days, so take that back or I'll come and crap on your windscreen, if someone will give me a hand up.
Kev, we've seen the Grouch Marks, to coin a phrase ... :p. But, just to dig myself out of a hole, if/when you get cut up or bullied on your French trip, the word you have to shout at the errant French person is, 'Branleur!' (y)

Steve

Not been back since day one Rog, and nothing untoward has been said hopefully, and when she does she'll see she found a group of very friendly folk who are comfortable with each other.

Hi Lizzie, welcome to the forum.

I think you would find that the cost of membership would soon be recouped by attending a rally as they are good value for money compared to booking on to a commercial site. In addition the members are all very helpful with advice and possibly even sorting out any niggles you might have with your van. It's quite a common sight at rallies to see a group gathered around one van discussing a problem.

The group is a disparate mixture of old and young, some couples and some solos. All sorts of "motorhomes" from huge white boxes to little ones that could be mistaken for a plumbers van, all ages of vans from zero to at least 30 years old, some self built and others major manufacturers' conversions. There are quite a few ladies who camp on their own, and a lot of the members seem to be dog lovers.

I am sure you would fit in very well.
Hi Caz. I misread your reply and thought you had called us DESPERATE. LOL

Hi Lizzie

I would say what you will get from this community, you can’t put a price on !

You will meet like minded and helpful, friendly people with a vast knowledge of all things motorhoming and travel.

Go ahead and buy the membership it’s great value and get yourself booked into a rally.

We look forward to meeting you and your dog 👍

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the replies, and my silence was not through offence, unwillingness to pay the subs (fully paid up now) or boredom… it was a couple of cold nights where I had to idle the van to get the heater going 🤔

With some help, I’ve been working on my van, which is always fun when you live in it :) having installed a new Solar charge controller and new gel batteries, plus some rewiring and carpentry to make the new stuff all fit, keeping it accessible but also not losing storage, or losing track of the dog while my head is in a cupboard and the contents of said cupboard are all over the van 🙄

I finally conceded, as I sat working out how much juice everything uses, including how much the toilet takes to flush , I have as much off grid power as I can afford and will have to work with it 🤣

Now I can hit the road again, I’ll be heading to the warners campervan campout at the beginning of May if anyone is there it would be lovely to meet you!

Thanks Bazz, hope you had a good weekend 😊 I didn’t see it on the rallies page and then remembered the wild camping site! I’m currently in slightly wet Suffolk heading for the south coast over the next ten days so it will give me a chance to poke around both sites and see what stops I can find around Hastings and Margate.

Back