New to me.

Obanboy666

What upgrades ?
I have a new Pilote and well pleased, utter luxury after my previous pvc.
Spent a small fortune on my upgrades, satellite, Avtex tv, Alugas refillable gas cylinders, extra battery, alarm, tracker, Disklok, mirror guards, cab seat covers, cab rubber mat. I could go on but you get the picture lol ! It had a factory fitted solar panel or that would have been another expense.
Never totalled the upgrade costs up, must be a small fortune.

Last edited:

grath

Off at 05hrs tomorrow to pick up the pilote,hope all the upgrades are doing what their supposed to do.
Enjoy your new van, happy travels ????

Wully

Good on ye jim I’ll have a look at one of the meets. I was in your neck of the woods today stayed last night at Lochgilphead then round to Tarbert had a bite to eat cycled down the full length of the canal nackerd then down the rd via the slanj for dinner.?

hotrats

What upgrades ?
I have a new Pilote and well pleased, utter luxury after my previous pvc.
Spent a small fortune on my upgrades, satellite, Avtex tv, Alugas refillable gas cylinders, extra battery, alarm, tracker, Disklok, mirror guards, cab seat covers, cab rubber mat. I could go on but you get the picture lol ! It had a factory fitted solar panel or that would have been another expense.
Never totalled the upgrade costs up, must be a small fortune.
Much the same,nae satallite though enough of that at home,oh and extra 100 panel eetc

hotrats

Good on ye jim I’ll have a look at one of the meets. I was in your neck of the woods today stayed last night at Lochgilphead then round to Tarbert had a bite to eat cycled down the full length of the canal nackerd then down the rd via the slanj for dinner.?
You shude huv cawed in.

Glass man

Enjoy! But BEWARE we have found and parts from Pilote take at least 6 weeks.
However we have got bits direct from the factory very easily.
You can even call in.

hotrats

well i am home now and absolutely over the moon with the pilote,luxury does not come close. my vantan was a great van but the space in the pilote is great,i am only in the house about one n a half hours but got home arround 3 emptying all the bags n boxes transhipped from the van,sheesh do we all carry as much,anyway back at it tomorrow and reading some of the manuals,pressing this n that tae see what happens,maybe the gass will work tomorrow.Many thanks to ES hartleys for doing me pwoud with unloading and loading and giving ma great deal.

hotrats

Any chance of a translation of all of the above?
From what I’ve gathered, Hotrats has employed a new pilot for his airplane. I lost the plot after that.
Lol, lol, and several more lol’s.
A Ken n me way a higher English degree.

Trotter

I wasn't asking for a translation for myself you understand. It was for those less worldly than me.
Among the 43 O and A levels I got, which were taken away for fighting ( and lying 😛) were several language degrees, including Corbies, a resident of Corby. An accent so similar to Glaswegian you're likely to hear in Northamptonshire.

Glass man

Please check that you can drain the boiler. I found that it did NOT drain from the dump valve and had an extra drain fitted ( free of charge) close to the boiler.
Put a container under the valve and you should get more than 9 litres, the contence of the boiler.

grath

Please check that you can drain the boiler. I found that it did NOT drain from the dump valve and had an extra drain fitted ( free of charge) close to the boiler.
Put a container under the valve and you should get more than 9 litres, the contence of the boiler.
I have found on a couple vans I have owned that the boiler can air lock and not completely drain
If you pull off the red overflow fitting which has a clear pipe running down through the floor, it always completely drains

Obanboy666

I have found on a couple vans I have owned that the boiler can air lock and not completely drain
If you pull off the red overflow fitting which has a clear pipe running down through the floor, it always completely drains
Going to check my Pilote frost / drain valve reference emptying the Truma as it’s on the opposite side of the motorhome under a drawer below the fridge freezer approx 5 feet from the Truma. On my previous pvc it was next to the Truma.
Reckon I’ll look at the red overflow fitting as you suggest.

Last edited:

hotrats

I presume you are the last owner,thankyou for the heads up,and you kept the van in impcable condition,thamks again. Jimi.